Qst - born prematurely

NeeNoon

I've had this question for awhile.

My mom was born on dec. 5th 1941 but she was something like 8 weeks early (we're not really sure).

Everytime we read stuff having to do with her sign... it's just not her. So, we were wondering if this could be the reason? On the other hand I get that it was even more determined that she would be born *that* day.

Any inputs, thoughts, or opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Neenoon

Alta

That is an interesting question. The reason I would wonder as well is some material I read about premature babies. Apparently they keep developing outside the womb as they would have inside and do not react much to the outside world until such time as they would have been born.

Sophie

My mother was also born 2 months early, in late August 1942. Any suggestion she might not be a typical Virgo would make everyone in my family laugh :)

star-lover

just my opinion

hi there

the cycle of life (as an independent person) begins with moment of first breath in astrology so i don't agree that premature babies' charts dont start until they come to the proper full term outside the womb

if that were the case what about overdue babies - being born 2/3 weeks later than due date - so when exactly are you supposed to decide its time to set up a chart or even check the sun sign? the *normal* pregnancy length is not scientifically exact at all

maybe your mother has strong factors in her chart ( many planets in a different dissimilar sign or a planet right on the ascendant) which tend to dominate over her sun sign?

you could do her chart in astro.com if you know the time of birth for an exact chart - even without it you can still do a sunrise chart and you will see what signs predominate at least

NeeNoon

Star-Lover: thank you for the idea. We do not know precisely the time of birth, so that kinds of makes it hard. I'll try anyway and we'll see what comes up.

Thank you Helvetica, and Marion: I appreciate your opinion. That's what I'm looking for. I think, there is no way to take into consideration the being born prematurely (or post) but it's interesting to look into.

If anyone else has opinion/experience, I would love to hear it.

Thank you,

Neenoon

purplefishy

This topic applies to my friend, who was born several weeks early, and is a Gemini. She is much more Cancerian in nature. We always thought this was odd.

paradoxx

The pregency that led to my birth has so many issues with timing that it was impossible to determine the date of comception or time the trimesters properly (I was born during a mercury retrograde, imagine that). I am a gemini with canceran tendancies but my venus is in cancer so that planetary placement does add alot of influence.