sun-pluto conjunction 12/16

mysticme

anyone have any personal experience with this aspect? a lot of the scopes i'm reading are saying that something major can happen... i'm just curious to hear some examples...

thanks!

dadsnook2000

Major Happenings ?

Well, one person's "major" is another person's "minor." We can look to last year when Sun conjuncted Pluto to see what happened. It easiest for most of us to think about "newspaper" or "newscast" items -- that's because Pluto is an outer planet (or something) and tends to be less personal or obvious in the lives of many while operating more visibly in the outer, mundane world.

Pluto can be a "personal" planet or energy if it is significantly aspected and placed in your natal chart. In this case it could be a frequent trigger for any and all aspects/transits that occur. There are two not-so-obvious situation where Pluto can be active in your chart and where you can't see any basis for that activity.
A) Pluto is at the mid-point of two/more other planet pairings. In this case the mid-point location can be sensitive or the planet pairs will be sensitive to a aspect from Pluto.
B) Pluto rises, culminates or sets at the same time as another planet does one of these things. Many software packages offer what is called a "speculum" which is a list for each of the planets for when in the day you were born (or which the chart is cast) when each planet rises, sets, culminates or reaches the nadir. Due to the latitude of each planet on a given day, any planet may touch the angles at a time that is quite different from when the zodiac point touches that angle -- we are talking minutes, quarter hours, half hours or longer here.

All that being said, Pluto can be a non-planet for many, like me, or deeply intrusive and present for a few. Dave

wizzle

If you are dealing with transits such as the sun/pluto conjunction coming up on the 15th, you will probably not feel much unless some planet is at 24 degrees in one of your signs in your natal horoscope or unless you are unusually tied in to pluto in your natal chart as dad said.

However, there may be people around you who are influenced. Look for someone coming down hard on an issue and getting pretty irrational in making their point. Or someone who just won't let go of a point.

mysticme

thank you both so much for your replies! i don't have any planets at 24 degrees, but two people very important to me both have jupiter at 24 degrees. any idea how that would impact this conjunction?

thanks again! :)

dadsnook2000

Jupiter and Pluto

If both, due to the transit, have an aspect to the MC -- well, perhaps a big business event or success. BUT, just the transit (to repeat this again) to a planet won't probably result in anything meaningful UNLESS (to repeat this again) Jupiter has a natal aspect that involves Pluto AND the person who has this in his/her chart has been sensitive to this in the past.

So, do these Jupiters have any natal connection to a Pluto? Dave

wizzle

Got to disagree with you Dad...

I think it is possible to get an effect even with no natal jupiter/pluto aspects. Let's assume, just for an illustration, that the native has transiting pluto in conjunction to natal jupiter at 24 degrees or another major aspect (but the conjunction would be the strongest). The full moon opposite the sun/pluto conjunction could trigger the long-standing pluto transit... and via the transit energies only. This is more likely if there is something happening at 24 degrees in the progressed chart to bolster the effect. In this type of scenario, I'd say the likely effect is some sort of power play, an insight of unusual depth etc. What I see Pluto doing here is adding intensity and depth to an event which is more likely to be spiritual in nature than material.

star-lover

i have natal jupiter at 26 sag and transiting pluto is at 23/24 sag at the moment
full moon in 2 days at 24 gemini is sure to highlight this in some way will write back what transpires

paradoxx

Pluto and the Sun are conjoining my natal Neptune, which si actually activating my psychic awareness, and really messing with my sleep.

Even when I am not trying to plan ahead, I end up doing what is exactly needed, I am hearing others thoughts, preparing things ahead of time w/o being aware of it, and having strange dreams.

The moon in Gemini is very communicative and friendly, few can do no wrong, but be careful of the nervous system, don't overdo yourself and keep hydrated, feeling down, avoid caffeene and dring some fruit juice, avoid meats like beef and fried foods, eat chicken and fruits.

combined with venus entering aquarius (very slowly at that) everything is based on good feelings from the broadest sense to the family sense, realigning our lives to the new paradigm will be easier than initially percievied, and a re-evaluation of many things will take place, this is a good time to start a new chapter in life, perhaps by a return to old feelings and sitautions that have been absent for a while.

joannski3

pluto is my personal planet and its in my 12th house conjunct venus. so i'm wonering if it affected me because interestingly enough, i had a pretty big fight on the 16th with my boyfriend and we almost split. the day was pretty hard for me in general. although none of my planets are in 24 deg, my uranus and sun are both 25 deg. in scorpio. so maybe i am feeling the effects... or does it have to positively be in 24 degrees?