Queen of Pentacles a lonely figure?

schwammyy

I am curious. Is the Queen of Pentacles a woman who is by herself and single typically? Or is she merely independent?

Thirteen

Practicality

I am curious. Is the Queen of Pentacles a woman who is by herself and single typically? Or is she merely independent?
All Queens can be "independent" meaning leaders of their suit. As for single/lonely, typically--meaning according to very old fashioned meanings--the most independent/lonely/single of the Queens is said to be the Queen/Swords. Keep in mind, however, that this is a real left-over from times when almost all women were married (or expected to marry) and single women really stood out, and everyone seemed to believe that a single woman had to be lonely because, after all, what use is an unmarried woman? :rolleyes: A reader would get the Queen/Swords and say, "Oh, its' the one woman here with no husband..." Now, that's pretty ridiculous. We wiser moderns define women as people, according to what they're like, not their marital state.

Which brings us to your question: it's not whether she's alone, but what her qualities as a person are. The Queen/Pents is the most practical and earthy of the queens. She could be a business woman, a farmer, run a gym or just be a housewife, but her most important quality is that she makes the physical world work for her. Be it creating money, health, a beautiful home or an abundant garden.

Whether she's single or not in this endeavor, lonely or not, is not part of the card. She could be single, married, lonely or happy. All the Queen/Pents card says is that she is competent (a Queen rather than Knight or Page) and has a talent for practicality and succeeding in the "earthly" realm as compared to, say, handling peoples emotions (Cups) or being savvy when it comes to communications and mind games (Swords). Do you see?

WalesWoman

All the court cards are usually pictured alone, doesn't mean that they are alone or single. In RWS, the Queen is enjoying her privacy in the garden of her creation... taking a break from running a kingdom, running kids to soccer practice, wiping noses, organizing the pantry, balancing the checkbook, whipping up dinner and dusting. Not to say she doesn't enjoy indulging herself with good food, nice things and trip to the spa for a pedicure and massage.

This queen is probably a mother, probably a working mother or owns her own business, likes to garden or be outdoors and is probably the most domestic of the 4 queens. She is accomplished and enjoys her pleasures immensely, because she earned them. She is a queen, she takes orders from no one, so yes, I'd say she is independent.

mizzsixx

So happy to hear positive things about this queen. I often come up as her.

I view her as the woman who doesn't meed a man, but wants a man--a woman who lives her life regardless.

Padma

I have always related very much to the Q of pentacles...and although I am independent and strong, I have never seen myself as alone or lonely or needing a man. I do have a husband and creatures to look after, and I love my home - very nesty :D

But...to me, the Queen of P's is a woman who is creative, practical, and capable. She can manage just about anything you put before her - not always easily, but she can do it! She rises to challenges. And has a fine mind to put towards organisation and delegation.

But I never saw her as needing or wanting a man in order to be her best, imo...hth!

SA12

Any mentally healthy queen should cultivate her independence, no matter what suit it is you consider. You don't really see any decks out there portraying codependent, clingy queens groveling before the throne of the kings, do you? ;)

I love the Queen of Pentacles -- I come up as her sometimes given my propensity for baking (those round pentacles may as well be the brioche sticky buns I have in the oven) and "nesting." I'm single, but I take care of many "creatures," plants and people too. The context of a question/how/when you are pulling this card in relation to other cards would tell us much more about what this queen's energy is trying to communicate to you. No card is an island!

Padma

The context of a question/how/when you are pulling this card in relation to other cards would tell us much more about what this queen's energy is trying to communicate to you. No card is an island!

Hear! Hear! Well said, SA12!

celticnoodle

I can see her as a widow or divorced woman--but definitely one who is independent and takes care of herself financially. Mostly, she is a very independent woman, I think. One who possibly owns or manages a successful business. Is most definitely in a position of power anyway. I don't see her as lonely though. And, it doesn't necessarily mean that she IS widowed or divorced. That is just one of many possible definitions for this card.

eta: however, I also see the queen of swords as a widow or divorced woman too. :laugh: I think with the queen of pentacles if she is widowed or divorced, she's more likely to be financially savvy and living comfortably. Where as the queen of swords is not quite as well off and comfortable. In many instances, the queen of swords probably is one who has or is experiencing hardships alone. she may be one who is quite blunt too--and as such puts people off. Also manipulative and always on the defensive.

LaRazia

I dont think one should really attribute the Queen of Pentacles as someone homey. She comes up as my significator often along with the Empress at times and I cant cook. However I love to attend to the needs of those I love ex making a bath for my boyfriend and myself, after that be more intimate with him then make him nice dinner then pamper him some more until he falls asleep so that all his needs are meet,I love it when he has all fours in the air.

I also must say that,as a QOP and Empress type what I most dislike in the last well, 2 months or more so is the Queen of Wands. Simply because in real life I have had negative experiences where this Queen signified women who do not look perfect or have that nice of a body or figure but who are just convinced that they are the most gorgeous thing there is and their unrealstic over inlfated ego just really puts me off.

willowfox

***The Queen of Pents is practical, helpful, enterprising and sensible with no time for loneliness, and she is independent to a degree being the controller of the household, and thus always busy, making sure things run smoothly.