Queen of Swords as true self....

Crystelle

not hard right? What about for my BF?

My mother suggested that it was in fact the presence of another woman but I wonder if there's a description of this lady that would fit my man?? Anyone have any ideas? Logical seems to fit but other than that I'm really quite confused with court cards when the gender is reversed.

Thanks!

PS I did Bec's spread: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=48603 so the Queen of Swords was card 7

Thirteen

Crystelle said:
not hard right? What about for my BF?

My mother suggested that it was in fact the presence of another woman but I wonder if there's a description of this lady that would fit my man?? Anyone have any ideas? Logical seems to fit but other than that I'm really quite confused with court cards when the gender is reversed.
Court cards are gender related when it comes to readings to HELP you know who they're talking about. So, Queen/Swords turns up and you wonder who that is, and you go, "Oh, right, my boss...." because your boss is a cool, take-charge lady. If you got Knight/Swords, you don't think "My boss" you think your chatty, always on-the-computer brother.

See, the gender of the courts helps you figure out who they might stand for in a reading.

BUT if you pulled this in particular for your boyfriend's "true self" then that's his true self. In that case, the court cards are gender neutral, and it's more about what the card stands for than about the gender/age/position (knight vs. king) of the court.

Queen/Swords is a very powerful sword card, perhaps the most powerful. Like all swords, she's cool, sometimes distant and analytical. BUT she's also very far-sighted and highly intelligent. She isn't as chatty as, say, a Page or Knight. Nor as likely to balance things and pass judgements as the King.

She is the one who takes it upon herself to make sure the kingdom is running as well as it can be. In the Kingdom of swords, that includes science and technology. So a guy with her as his inner card might well be a science professor, a mathematician or technical wizard. This is his passion.

It's hard to get him to be down to Earth. He doesn't live in the now, or on this planet. He lives in the future, and he travels the galaxy of ideas. Fascinating person to be with...but don't ask him to take out the trash. And don't expect a lot of warm affection from him. He has genuine love for you...he just doesn't know how to show it in earthy ways.

Crystelle

Thank you Thirteen! It's always a treat to hear from you -- I feel like I learn so much!

You are exact on this one, or the card is, or you are on the card... well you know what I mean!
He's a computer expert, mathematician and pretty much a MENSA member. I feel for him very strongly but sometimes we fight because I am the Queen of Wands so ... I am passionate, fiery, and show my love in that manner. I can see where this card fits him. "He has genuine love for you...he just doesn't know how to show it in earthy ways." We just got finished talking about this very issue this weekend! He can't even tell me that he feels something strongly for me. I have however rushed headlong into telling him quite frankly that I can't imagine not having him in my life. I think I scared him! :) Oh well! Taking a risk is the mantra for the QoW. LOL