Question about Swedish Witch Tarot

Myrrha

I wish there were more pictures from this deck to look at on line. So far I love it except for the Princess of Pentacles shown in one of the reviews. Do all the pentacles attempt to depict African people?
TIA if someone can help with this!

--Myrrha

Eco74

For a look at the major arcana, take a look at this page (in swedish);
http://www.hansarnold.com/htmls/tarot/tarot_galleri.html
It's the illustrators webpage.

There is supposed to be a gallery for the minor aswell but it seems to not be completed..

As for black people in the pentacles suite, I don't recall all of them just now but I think the courts are black atleast..
The deck holds a pretty good mix of different parts of the world though and borrows from many different religions and beliefs.

WolfSpirit

It's the queen of pentacles who is black - and she is the darkest of the whole deck. There are a few who could be mixed race, but most people are white.
The princess of pentacles is white and accompanied by bunnies and what looks like foxes.
I think you got them mixed up because it is in Swedish :D

Myrrha

Thank you so much for the replies. Yes, I got them mixed up because unfortunately I don't speak Swedish.

I love these cards so much I probably would have gotten them anyway, but I'm glad to hear it isn't one of those decks that assign different ethnicites to each suite (just not my thing).

I adore this deck, all the animals and little greeblies...and the general strangeness of it all.

Thanks for the link to the major arcana, Eco74.

Sigh.....

Eco74

No prob.
And sorry about the mishap with the "who's what color".

I do have the deck but it's been ever so long since I used it now my memory of it is failing.. If the companion book is available in any other language than swedish I highly recommend getting a copy.
It's actually the deck and book I learned from when starting out and that book holds not only a lot of info on the contents of the cards but so much more that gets one thinking.

Myrrha

Eco74, you are so lucky to be able to read the book! I liked the bits of it that Jema translated. It reminded me of the little "charms" that are for each card in the hearts-and-flowers tarot. That's not what it is really called I can't remember the name of it. It has fabric art images.

Anyway it did sound like an interesting book.
--Myrrha

Edited to add: Enchanted Tarot, that's the one with the "charms" in the book.

lunakasha

VERY interesting deck!!!

Can anyone tell me: are the pips illustrated or not???

Wish I could see more cards....but the majors are nice!!!

:) Luna

Alta

The pips are illustrated, and very attractive. Wish I had an English version of the book too!!

WolfSpirit

Oh yes they are - with funny people and funny animals and other interesting stuff :D

If you go to: http://www.tarotpassages.com/swedishwitch.htm
you can see a few of the minors.
There is another review at tarot passages also, if you go to the main page and then choose reviews - tarot decks you will find it.

lunakasha

Thanks Marion and WolfSpirit!!!

Yes....the minors are beautiful....whimisical and unique too.

I have a terrible feeling this is one of those OOP, hard-to-find decks.....please tell me I am wrong??? :eek:

Oh well....guess I will add the precioussss to my wishlist and hope one of them finds me eventually!!!

:) Luna