question bout the death card

Autumnriley1978

ok so my gf n i are broken up. i know we're not getting back together but i still want her in my life as a friend. now ive been told by two clairvoyants back in february that she was going to contact me in two months. after i heard that i asked the cards when she was going to contact me and the 8 of wands came up. the minor arcana signifies weeks or days so 8 wands would be 8 weeks... or two months.
but its around the time when she supposed to call yet she still hasnt. so i asked the cards one more time if she was going to call or not.
the death card came up.
which would lead me to believe that shes not going to contact me, however i have this book that goes into detail on various subjects of each card (ie romance, work/career, finances, emotional state, etc) and one of the subjects is callers/visitors. under that category in the death card it states as follows:
"a call will come concerning a dubious proposition, and you will soon have to travel whether you want to or not, because you'll feel obligated."
she lives an hour and a half away so the travel part makes sense.

my question is do u think this is a true interpretation of the callers/visitors in the death card?

Miss Divine

For me, that would definitely mean no she's not going to call.

Even if she would, it won't lead to anything after that (not even friendship in my experience).

afrosaxon

In this case, the Death card is telling you to STOP ASKING THAT QUESTION! :D

My card throws the Death card a lot when I am overasking a question. Death means "Stop"/"end", etc. So back off from that question for a while and let things unfold as they should; trying to push the issue isn't helping matters (for you, because you seem to be stressed out about it).

On the other hand, the Death card is ruled by Scorpio; you could hear from her in late October - mid-November (the period of time covered by the sign of Scorpio).

Just my $.02.

T.

Autumnriley1978

yeah i do ask it too much about it.
the cards also tell me, just like the psychic that our love is over n wont go anywhere. that she's gonna try to get back with me but it will jus be about sex. but i just wanna be friends.
but do u think that book's explaination is right? coz every other time ive asked... ok its only been like 3 times... the other cards say shes gonna call.
i jus hava lota nervious energy around this time coz this is when shes supposed to contact me.
idk

afrosaxon

Autumnriley1978 said:
yeah i do ask it too much about it.
the cards also tell me, just like the psychic that our love is over n wont go anywhere. that she's gonna try to get back with me but it will jus be about sex. but i just wanna be friends.
but do u think that book's explaination is right? coz every other time ive asked... ok its only been like 3 times... the other cards say shes gonna call.
i jus hava lota nervious energy around this time coz this is when shes supposed to contact me.
idk

With all due respect to the psychics you consulted, that reading was valid for the energies of that time. No energy is set in stone, and energies change. So maybe at the time, the psychics picked up that she was going to contact you in two months; but since there are two people at the center of this question (you and your ex), who knows what changed in her life (or yours) that changed the energies of that reading and toward a different outcome?

As for book meanings: if you read different books, you'll get different interpretations of the cards...and that'll make you crazy. :D That's because different authors have their own spin on the card meanings. That doesn't mean everyone's wrong--or right--but that everyone has their own take on things.

Right now, leave this question alone, trust your gut, and continue on your tarot journey and taking care of YOU.

Just my $.02.

T.

Autumnriley1978

well... maybe ur right. maybe the death card coming up is telling me to leave it the **** alone n just let thing happen. coz ive pulled other cards that tell me to take things as they come n let the universe guide me.
but just to let u know it was two months ago that a clairvoyant said it would be two months. then i pull up the 8 of wands. then jus last friday i spoke with another clairvoyant... asked when she would contact me n she jus said very soon. like within a week or two.

littlestar

The thing with the future it isn't set in stone and things change from day to day.
So at the time of pulling the 8 of wands, the energy around the situation was indeed feeling like there would be contact with you and her. But since then things have happened and changed. Now when asking the question the 'Death' card came up.

You could really read this card 2 ways here. Firstly the 'Death' card can indicate the end of the relationship and the need to leave it in the past and move on with your life completely without her in it. The other way i read the death card is getting rid of the old to make way for the new, and for something to begin, something must end, so this could mean the start of communication between you and your ex, leaving 'no commuincation' in the past.

Have you tried pulling a clarifier to see what form of death this is representing?

SunChariot

Autumnriley1978 said:
ok so my gf n i are broken up. i know we're not getting back together but i still want her in my life as a friend. now ive been told by two clairvoyants back in february that she was going to contact me in two months. after i heard that i asked the cards when she was going to contact me and the 8 of wands came up. the minor arcana signifies weeks or days so 8 wands would be 8 weeks... or two months.
but its around the time when she supposed to call yet she still hasnt. so i asked the cards one more time if she was going to call or not.
the death card came up.
which would lead me to believe that shes not going to contact me, however i have this book that goes into detail on various subjects of each card (ie romance, work/career, finances, emotional state, etc) and one of the subjects is callers/visitors. under that category in the death card it states as follows:
"a call will come concerning a dubious proposition, and you will soon have to travel whether you want to or not, because you'll feel obligated."
she lives an hour and a half away so the travel part makes sense.

my question is do u think this is a true interpretation of the callers/visitors in the death card?

The future as given in the cards is subject to change. What is predicted by the cards can and often does change. The future is not static but changable and many things can in fact change it.

When this happens I take it that both readings were right and accurate at the time they were done. Which simply means that the time the first was done, she was ready to contact you adn it truly looked like she would, but it looks like (sorry) that since she has changed her mind, and is not going to.

Sorry I know that it not what you want to hear. But this is how I see these things. On the upside, since the future IS changable, there is nothing to prevent you now from doing a new reading and asking "What steps can I take that would help enourage "X" (gf's name) to want to contact/speak to me again? Then take the steps and see it you can't change the outcome back again? Or first ask "Why have things changed?" then see if that gives you a hint for more questions that might be productive to ask.

Tarot readings about the future are, to me, not just to predict the future but to create the future you want. While of course you can't manipulate another person, you can often change things by asking what steps you can take that would be most likely to take you to where you want to end up in teh future. Then take them. Usually if your desire to change things is sincere and unselfish things can very much be changed. In my experince they usually can be changed. On those occasions when they can't the cards are invaluable in telling yuo how to deal with any painful feelings, if you ask.

Best wishes and the best of luck. Hope she contacts you soon!

Babs

SunChariot

Autumnriley1978 said:
well... maybe ur right. maybe the death card coming up is telling me to leave it the **** alone n just let thing happen. coz ive pulled other cards that tell me to take things as they come n let the universe guide me.
but just to let u know it was two months ago that a clairvoyant said it would be two months. then i pull up the 8 of wands. then jus last friday i spoke with another clairvoyant... asked when she would contact me n she jus said very soon. like within a week or two.

One other possibility, if you beleive that her contacting you again is Divinely guided (meant to happen in both your lives) it is entirely possilbe that your nervous energy you said you have been feeling is affecting things and slowing them down. As it would not be the best timing for her to contact you when yuo are really stressed/nervous about things. In a guided relationship, Divine timing kicks in and things only happen at the best possible time. Your very nervousness yuo said you felt could be slowing things down. If so, well no one can feel nervous forever and it when you are least expecting it and take your mind off it, that could be when it will happen.

Imho, anyway doing readings about the timing of something is rarely accurate with Tarot or at all, as timing is just so very finicky and can so easily change.

Babs

Autumnriley1978

yeah, i guess ur right. well do u think i should try using a clairification card for the death card?