Question not sure where to post it

little_darlinn

Is it "ok" to give a personal deck to someone else, one you've used but doesn't "feel" right?? I'm not too sure on the "etiquette". I'd appreciate some advice and insight because I don't need any more "bad" karma etc coming my way right now. lol

Thanx bunches

*hugs* to all

thorhammer

Of course it's okay, as long as you give it with good intent and love in your heart, not in an attempt to make use of the "negative vibes" you're getting from that deck and pass them onto someone for whom you wish ill. I'm adopting a deck in exactly this way, because the person who had it felt badly about it and wanted it out of their house. They wanted someone who would appreciate it to have it. *I can't wait for it to get here!:D*

I'm sure you'll find someone who would love to have it.

\m/ Kat

AJ

I see 1000's of AT'ers hands go up...
pick me pick me they all say ;)

There are 1000's of decks out there too, and it isn't likely that they all would be enjoyable to ever single reader in the world.

Gift it to fried that is interested or have a raffle or contest here or list it in the trading forum in exchange for something you'd like... Almost all of my decks were purchased used.

little_darlinn

Oh good

Thank you. lol Both me and a friend have the same problem. lol I really appreciate the info. lol I have a friend in mind, who is wanting to start Tarot, and they like the deck, so I think I'll gift it to them. :D If I have this same problem again, I will not hesitate next time. :D

The people here at AT are wonderful, and I thank you for the time you spend helping me/others out.

*hugs* to all

D

Oddity

I agree with previous posters, but just wanted to add that for me personally, getting a used deck as a gift from a friend that I love would make that deck even more special to me. So it's more than just "ok", it can be a really nice thing too, provided of course that the gift is given with love and good intent and not just a way for the friend to get rid of some old garbage. :)

But then, that's how I am, I love sharing, re-using things, swapping clothes and such with others... there can be something very pleasant about things that are a little worn and not brand-new, where you know it has been used and loved, and if the thing comes from a good friend, it will always be a reminder of our friendship to me.

gregory

What feels right for you is right for you.

Really. If it feels right to give the deck - it will be right. It bothers me a bit that you ask, though - this suggests that it may NOT feel right to you - or is this just safety first....?

Do be careful, however, when you feel it would be right to murder your beloved's boss. This can perhaps be the occasion when you'd be better to think of an alternative way to......... }) One speaks from experience (of finding the other way ;) though I am still considering....)

sleepingcat

Tarot decks are "Things", and things may be given, bought and sold to individuals, groups, or organizations.

Now the value of one thing to another, that can vary. As long as the recipent values the gift, and the giver values the gift at least as much as "They'll really like this", then it's a transaction that can only bring good "Kharma", mojo, or affection.

It's your deck, it's yours to do as you like.

phoenixblu

i have passed on oracles that I cant use.. there are some I just dont like the feel of them!!

but I have also passed on decks that I loved and felt it was the right thing to share with someone...

firefrost

gregory said:
Do be careful, however, when you feel it would be right to murder your beloved's boss. This can perhaps be the occasion when you'd be better to think of an alternative way to......... }) One speaks from experience (of finding the other way ;) though I am still considering....)

Does this same rule apply to my own boss? :)

gregory

firefrost said:
Does this same rule apply to my own boss? :)
Get out the shot gun and let me know. Your nearest jail is close enough that I can visit..... })

Course, if you get into Broadmoor, you're on your own.....