What would you give up to Tarot?

lilangel09

I know that some of you hide Tarot from family and friends, so...
In a hypothetical (or real) situation where people didn't like you reading with Tarot and drove you to the extreme "it or me" question...

Would you give up a friendship (though could you call them a real friend if they left over this?)
Would you give up a partnership?
Would you give up family? (Some of you grew up in very tough households)
Would you give up nothing and not care what other people think? (because it's just a part of yourself that should be accepted)

If I was in that environment, I think I could give up family; not sure about anything else.

Kind of an odd question on Christmas Day, eh? Please don't mope on it.

phoenixblu

its part of me just like some annoying habits that people have to accept.
I wouldnt give up someone for tarot... i just dont go on about it to folk who dont show interest...

Briar Rose

I don't know if it's age or a stage I am going through, but I wouldn't give it up or hide it from anyone.

If you don't like it, my new moto is: that's your problem, not mine!

And I am sticking to this!

Disa

I can't think of a reason why anyone would expect me to chose between them and Tarot. I wouldn't ask others to give up something they loved for me. Everyone has some type of hobby or collection, why shouldn't I?

Disa

Danica_Nyx

part of me would say i would go to the extreme and give up the ones i love for tarot but since i am really not in that situation i don't know, i wouln't give up close family for it, but they wouldn't put me in a choose this or that becuase that would be completely unfair.

it depends on the person and their connetion to me also whether they are asking me tot give it up or just stop it for a time being

willowfox

Would you give up nothing and not care what other people think? (because it's just a part of yourself that should be accepted)

As I don't give a darn what other people think, so what is there to give up? Fast junk food for sure. Dying perhaps, bad habit anyway.

Grizabella

I don't think I would give up people I love, but I won't give up Tarot because they don't like it, either. If it's offensive to them, I just don't bring it up around them. I'm not hiding, I'm respecting their beliefs, probably in a better way than they respect mine.

I'll tell you what I'd never do, though. I'd never form a romantic relationship with anyone who didn't accept my love of Tarot. If they didn't accept it, then they're not for me. It's a matter of sharing a life path and a philosophy of life and spirituality. If you don't share those, then the relationship is going to be very shaky. I just choose not to have a shaky relationship in my life. I've had them before and I don't want any more.

MoonLitCrystal

As everyone else has stated, I don't really know what I would give up if I was forced to choose. That's something that would have to be taken on a case-by-case basis.

However, I can tell you that I have chosen Tarot over a very religious (and in my opinion a very "holier than thou") friend. It's not gotten to the point where she's stopped being friends with me because of it, but she has avoided some parties and get-togethers at my house because she knew that there was a possibility that we'd do Tarot. I tried to accommodate her by saying, "OK we'll do Tarot at X time, that way it's before you come/after you leave," but still no dice. She still avoids this place like the plague, so I'm not going to offer her those options anymore.

Lexie

Solitaire* said:
I don't think I would give up people I love, but I won't give up Tarot because they don't like it, either. If it's offensive to them, I just don't bring it up around them. I'm not hiding, I'm respecting their beliefs, probably in a better way than they respect mine.

I'll tell you what I'd never do, though. I'd never form a romantic relationship with anyone who didn't accept my love of Tarot. If they didn't accept it, then they're not for me. It's a matter of sharing a life path and a philosophy of life and spirituality. If you don't share those, then the relationship is going to be very shaky. I just choose not to have a shaky relationship in my life. I've had them before and I don't want any more.

I totally agree Solitaire*

Astraea Aurora

I couldn't give it up, tarot is a huge and important part of me.

Although forced .. I have a list of priorities:
1. my own family (which I hope of starting soon)
2. tarot
3. my family of origin (parents, siblings ...)
4. a partnership
5. a friendship
A friend or mate simply has to respect my interest in tarot ... if not they can leave immediately.
My family of origin will respect it, even if it takes them awhile.
If for some reason my own family (future kids or grandkids) shall make me give it up .. I wouldn't know what to do. Having a family of my own is just THE biggest dream of life, something I'm longing for since years. - The easiest way would be hiding it, although I don't like it. - I simply have to introduce them to the tarot as early as possible, so they wouldn't even dare to forbid it. :D :D

For now tarot plays a big part in my life, and that's it. Who knows what the future will bring?

Astraea Aurora :grin: