Question on the strength card

crazy raven

job said:
I really like your reasoning. Kinda got me thinking...

...where does this faith come from? We've all read stories about people who have overcome hardships and triumphed. We treasure those stories because they are rare examples of the human spirit in all its glory. But we humans are habitual beings. We tend to repeat things over and over.

Have you ever had a dream that you struggled to wake from? This is what the RWS card says to me. Before we can do battle with the ills of the outside World... we have to win the battle with ourselves first.
And that fight is (in part) the one with procrastination. Or the 'excuse making syndrom' that every one of us knows to well.

Far as I'm concerned, the lion should wake up!
:)

Understanding you correcting, if the lion woke up, we'd all be living in a constant state of fear. Not only would we feel dominated by this fearless beast, we would also feel extremely sensitive and vulnerable inwardly, no matter how much confidence we tried to exude outwardly to the world.

To me this card speaks of empowerment, charisma and holds a very strong and seductive presence.

Together the woman and the lion may help to heal our shadow, our guilt and/or anger which has followed us from our childhood and from our (repeated) history.

We all possess a tremendous power within us, a power that was given to us at the very beginning of time and yet we still don't know much about it. Perhaps this is Job's idea of the awakening Lion.

cr

Alison

I don't have much experience of this card but when I meditate on the picture, I see a woman looking her fears straight in the eye. This animal could potentially hurt her, but rather than hide in the tree tops, she uses her reserves of inner strength to tame him and she wonders what her previous fears and worries were all about. She doesn't need to be as strong as the lion in physical terms to either be his equal or control him. When I was a little girl, I remember a story about an old woman that moved some kind of large object because she had to. Nobody would have thought she had it in her. Often, we read about people that find an inner courage or strength to combat an illness or someone that has stood up to an attacker. I don't think that that kind of strength or it's origin can be named. It is as if it comes from another world, but it is often there to help us in times of great need. On a more mundane level, a card like this reminds me of something that happened to me the other day. It was getting rid of a spider from my home. I have a fear of spiders and creepy-crawlies but don't like killing them. It was about looking that spider in the eye and saying "I can deal with this".

Alison

brujaja

strength and the heart

<<Where does this faith come from? Thats a good question. Maybe faith comes through love. >> (-tantricknite)

I think of Strength as very much representing the heart. In terms of the body's energy centers, the heart is in THE center -- i think of it as the "x" point in that infinity symbol. everything flows through there, indeed everything is flowing, but that cross point is constant, offers the strongest base. as in when I don't have the courage for something, I say 'I just don't have the heart.'