question re tarot totes

Debra

Rick-rack.

morticia monroe said:
Debra, that's an absolute inspiration!

I've been wondering for awhile if that deck is worth having...now I HAVE to have it because I have a few PERFECT placemats.

... according to the review here at AT: "The Housewives Tarot is a kitschy "domestic divination deck" packaged in a mock recipe box. "

So...ignoring the oh-so-tacky use of the term "kitschy"...the Recipe Box for when the deck is safe at home, but when it's On the Road in your Studebaker or your Ford Fairlane ( I had a Ford Fairlane! AND a Dodge Dart!) a little placemat-cum-deck bag is just the thing...

Don't forget the rick-rack!

Alta

Cool! I have added this thread to the "Making bags and boxes" index!

faunabay

shadowdancer said:
thanks for the responses though. I am looking forward to receiving the 3 I have ordered. My Osho Zen, Deirdre of Sorrows and Bright Idea decks will hopefully thank me in the long run :D. Davina
Can I ask which one you chose for Deidre of the Sorrows? I've been thinking about getting a padded tote for my Deidre too!!! The one I'm looking at is Splendor, but am not quite sure.

shadowdancer

It was a difficult one to consider. I eventually went for the forest fairies, mainly because of the deep emerald green. The deck has Irish links and I thought that would suit it.

Spendor would go fantastic though. (BTW that is one of the ones I have ordered with the Osho Zen in mind)

Davina

SolSionnach

As far as tarot tote bags, I've seen one from tarot totes, and they aren't lined, as far as I know. Of course, the padded ones are.

IMNSHO, the *best* tarot bags come from our own SULIS. I have 4 of them, and they are luxe!

faunabay

shadowdancer said:
It was a difficult one to consider. I eventually went for the forest fairies, mainly because of the deep emerald green. The deck has Irish links and I thought that would suit it.

Spendor would go fantastic though. (BTW that is one of the ones I have ordered with the Osho Zen in mind)

Davina
I'm off to look at the forest fairies again now. :laugh:

The reason I thought splendor might go nicely is the backs of the cards are black and gold - which matches. And the deck just has such a sumptious feel to it too!

silverwings94

Faunabay,
I have the Tarot Totes Splendor and it is fantastic. I love it. I have my Glastonbury Tarot inside it.Also inside the tote is a Raven feather and my Hecate Pendulum. It hold everything safe and secure.I am very pleased with Tarot Totes and will be pruchasing more.
:heart:
S

faunabay said:
I'm off to look at the forest fairies again now. :laugh:

The reason I thought splendor might go nicely is the backs of the cards are black and gold - which matches. And the deck just has such a sumptious feel to it too!

faunabay

silverwings94 said:
Faunabay,
I have the Tarot Totes Splendor and it is fantastic. I love it. I have my Glastonbury Tarot inside it.Also inside the tote is a Raven feather and my Hecate Pendulum. It hold everything safe and secure.I am very pleased with Tarot Totes and will be pruchasing more.
:heart:
S
Is your's the padded one? I've gotten many other regular tarot tote bags - and have been very happy with them, but haven't tried one of the padded ones yet.

To me Diedre just has such a rich feel with the linen cardstock, so it needs a very special bag for it to live in also!! :laugh: