question...

sedgeez

I didn't know whether to put this in here or divination, so I'm sorry if this is the wrong place :laugh:

I received a beautiful rose quartz pendulum in the halloween exchange, but I have never used one before.

So without sounding stupid :laugh: I was wondering if anyone could tell me how you use it, what you use it for etc.

:)

Thanks!

MetaphysicalJohn

It is great for the third eye chakra!!

ThunderWolf

Pendulums are often used for simple yes or no questions.

It's best to establish in your mind what the pendulum swinging in a certain direction means. For example, swinging in circles could mean yes while swinging back and forth in any direction could mean no. Or swinging side to side could mean yes while swing to and from you could mean no. Or vice versa in any of the cases mentioned. You just have to decide what is to mean what for you before using it.

To actually use it, though not necessary, I find that resting my elbow on a stable table top of some sort helps. Just dangle the pendulum from your fingers, ask the question and see which way it starts to move.

janie144

To find out what is yes and what is no, most sites I have been on seem to recommend asking the pendulum, ie "show me what is yes" and "show me what is no" once you have got that I would recommend starting off with practice questions, questions that you already know the answers to, just until you feel ready to start testing your pendulum (and yourself) after that I guess like everything else it is just practice.

janie144

As for what to use your pendulum for, some common uses are:

Making a choice of any kind
Finding out how you feel about something or someone
Finding missing objects
Or some people say for spirit communication.

I once got a gift of some small tumblestones and there were two red stones, had they been bigger I might have figured out what they were myself but as they were so small they looked very similar so I used my pendulum to confirm one was red agate and one was carnelian :)

sedgeez

thanks for the replies!!! :) its really helpful :)

i cant wait to practice and get stuck in, it sounds really good :)

celticnoodle

I do not have a rose quartz pendulum, but I do have a few rose quartz stones and they are among and probably in my top 5 FAVORITE stone!

I try to do a daily walk - (which is not always that easy for me due to health issues I have) and when I do, I put one rose quartz in each hip pocket to help ease my hip pains. It works wonders! I always rub them on my hips when they are hurting too.

I would imagine the pendulum (the rose quartz pendulum) would be useful to answer questions dealing with emotional issues. So, if you want to know if your boyfriend is going to call you--use it for questions like that. It is known as the "love stone"---so anything that has to do with love/emotions.

It is also a great healing stone, so it could also be used for questions about healing and illnesses.

N1ghts0ng

I didn't know whether to put this in here or divination, so I'm sorry if this is the wrong place :laugh:

I received a beautiful rose quartz pendulum in the halloween exchange, but I have never used one before.

So without sounding stupid :laugh: I was wondering if anyone could tell me how you use it, what you use it for etc.

Thanks!

as far as how to use a pendulum, they're basically used in divination for yes/no type questions. like thunderwolf mentioned, first you need to establish what movement is for what answer. if you're new to using pendulums, it's best to rest your elbow of the arm holding the pendulum on a tabletop or something to help keep your hand steady. I was always told to keep a light and easy hold on the end of the chain. ask it to show you a "yes" and then a "no" and then you can practice to confirm the movements by asking questions for which you already know the answers to.

as some people have said, pendulums made of different materials may be better suited to some types of questions than others. Rose quartz relates to the heart chakra so it's easy to say that it might resonate well with answering questions about emotions or like celticnoodle said, illness and healing. That's not to say that you should feel limited to only asking those types of questions, or that you need to go get another pendulum for "general" questions.

janie had some good suggestions on ways to use your pendulum. I haven't tried using it for spirit communication (i find spirits are quite well equipped to communicate if they want to), and have had mixed results using it to find things (i'm not much of a Finder...seems i'm misplacing things more often than finding things! :) )

in addition to using it for yes/no questions, i also use it on occasion as a tool in chakra/energy balancing. By watching how the pendulum moves over chakras or while scanning energy (of people and places) it helps to see areas that need help.

enjoy using your pendulum!