Rainbow Travellers Tarot

desertrat

I couldn't find a thread for this deck. I'd like to start one to express my admiration for it.

It's a digital art deck, but very well done, IMO. The deck has a fantasy/magical theme encorporating dragons, winged people, castles, and bursts of magical lights. The colors are bright and cover the whole spectrum of the rainbow (obviously ;) ). The landscapes are lovely and occasionally breathtaking. The people are expressive, sexy, and garbed in fantastical costumes. And the cards are borderless - Yay!!

This deck is not a RWS clone (not that there's anything wrong with RWS clones - I love them too). The artist has created unique scenes for each card, much like many decks produced by Lo Scarabeo. Yet one can see the traditional card meanings within most of them. For example, the Eight of Swords pictures a woman holding aloft a torch in the midst of a blizzard. She cannot see which way to go through the swirling snow.

As far as the cardstock goes, well I am perpetually puzzled by what constitutes good vs. bad cardstock. I like the way these cards feel. They shuffle smoothly and to me most resemble the cardstock of LoS decks. The deck came with it's own bag and a 40 page companion book.

I am truly delighted by this one, and by the artist Carmen Waterman, who I find to be kind and gracious. It is my hope that this post might inspire people who are unfamiliar with the deck to take a look. :)

RainbowGypsy

With heartfelt gratitude

Hi Desertrat, you just blew me away!! Thank you so much for your kind praise of the Rainbow Travellers Tarot deck. For anyone that wants to take a look at the deck you can see the artwork with the following link

http://rainbowtravellers.com/tarot-cards/

It is so wonderful to find people enjoying the cards! There is no better reward, well except perhaps getting rich and famous and I don't have any delusions that that will happen :)

Lots of love and blessings
Carmen

Attachments

• spread.jpg
    spread.jpg
    262.4 KB · Views: 147

Chiriku

I saw another thread on this in Deck Creation and many people loved the deck. I am surprised it has not been more talked about here.

Although the art is not my style, the colors are indeed appealing.

Best of luck to the deck creator.

RainbowGypsy

Thanks Chiriku!! It is a really new deck and I am just beginning to learn how and where to let people know about it.

I'm so thrilled to be part of the community here now and am getting to know lots of amazing people. I've collected so many wonderful decks because of something I felt drawn to and now also because I'm getting to know the people who created some of them too!!

Brightest Blessings!
Carmen
Creator of the Rainbow Travellers Tarot

Arania

Amazing! I especially love the Balance card.

Too bad I can't afford the price, especially as I'm in Germany. But then, I have hardly any space on my shelf anymore anyway. :)

Chiriku

You are welcome, RainbowTraveller. It's clear you put a lot of care and enjoyment into your creation. The same can't be said for every deck I own.

krystalkitty

another one to go on my wish list ... love the colours and imagery x

RainbowGypsy

Thanks so much everyone!

I understand totally Ariana about the cost. I had the cards printed at a local printer in Canada because I wanted to be involved and to see the quality of the prints. I couldn't afford a large run and wasn't prepared to go overseas for printing even if it would have lowered the cost. It is my first tarot deck and having it down locally providing people here with the work was really important to me. So I can truly say it is 100% Canadian made :)

I get so excited when I hear that the colours and imagery is something people love!

Brightest Blessings my friends
Carmen

lyssac

This is beautiful. It's not my usual style, but I can see how I could be called to it. It's not a deck that I have considered before, but I really like it.

Shall definitely need to think on this, and see how my finances fare.

RainbowGypsy

Thanks Lyssac, so glad you like what you have seen :) When I was creating the deck it was important for me to connect what I felt was the meaning behind the card as well as to provide strong characters that would help people to read with them intuitively.

I love colour and working with 3D art programs like Poser, Mojoworld and Bryce were once in particular that I used in creating the artwork for the cards.

Many thanks for all the kind and supportive comments, you make my heart smile.