Reading after listening to this cd

greatdane

Whether one is into the chakras or not, I think everyone can pretty much agree sound, vibrations affect us in one way or another. I saw something available at my library (cd) called waking the cobra, sounding interesting re tones that are supposed to affect the chakras. Well, I know little about the chakras, some info, not much, but feel sounds, tones can be very effective. Certain tones I can feel in my muscles, nerve endings for awhile after listening, but vibrational tones seem to do that. Kind of makes sense to me.

If anyone is up for this, find a copy (library may have) of Waking the Cobra, lie down, listen to it with a headset if possible, then do a reading. Or grab your boombox, put on a headset and try to do a reading for yourself while listening. I think you may find interesting. I would love to hear from anyone who tries this.

GD

Briar Rose

Who is the Cd by? Any more information on it?

Briar Rose

Thank you honey. I hope all is well.

hey there greatdane, just be careful with opening your chakras.
If you experience Kundalini off gard, due to all your chakras opening up, it could make you very ill. Just be aware.

May I suggest you do some research on Kundalini?

http://www.kundalini-gateway.org/

greatdane

Hi Golden and Briar....

Briar, thanks for the tip. I understand re chakras. This seems to, well, balance me. I know what you mean about too much or too little. Waking the Cobra I can actually feel because of the pitch of the chanting. I guess if vibration can break a glass.....I fell asleep listening to it last night, but it also seems to energize. Perhaps one would be better listening to before reading first, before trying during a reading. I've had other cds re chakras and vibration, this had the most effect.

Golden, thanks for putting the link. I think there's samples to listen to so anyone can try before actually checking out cd from library or buying.

GD

Amanda

I've listened to something that stimulated the Theta brain waves before and did some really good readings with that.

greatdane

Briar, thanks for the link...

Perhaps others would do well to read it. I, personally, have only benefitted from chakra chants, but then I listen to cds that are purported to balance. I got Waking the Cobra at the library, there were no caveats and there is a chart showing which chakras which chant goes with as well as color. Like I mentioned, the vibrational chants just seem to balance me. Kind of like having a massage, where you feel it more in some areas than others. I know just like herbals and meds, what is good for one, isn't necessarily good for another, I just checked and there are samples on amazon to listen to, so....

GD

greatdane

Briar, there is a cd I wouldn't recommend

I did have one vibrational cd that I wouldn't recommend for readings or getting ready to read. That was Sonic Immersion. Where Waking the Cobra is kind of like a massage or accupuncture to prepare for a reading, Sonic Immersion felt like someone was beating the.....out of me! Probably not where one wants to be before or during a reading.

Briar Rose

Thanks for recommending and not recommending the CD's. Kewl.

I know that these work, and do a lot of good. But it is also important to be aware of what could happen. Lots of Yoga-ist practice for years, hoping they feel some sort of spanda, or kundalini. Sometimes someone so open and just starting out gets cleared too quickly, and wham! vertibra or intestines get blown out of wack.

I also like the healing frequencies. And singing bowls.
I think everything works together with vibrations, tones, chants, music, crystals...
many of my favorite things.

greatdane

Too true, Briar

I certainly wouldn't want anyone to get out of whack, particularly before or after doing a reading. I could see where over stimulation wouldn't be good. I don't do this every day, but once or twice a week, as I feel I would like to be more calm or more energized, I have a few that seem both! I know when one is reading, their state of mood is so important, so definitely before any strong vibrational or chakra cd's one should check it out first. Terra Firma might be an interesting one for readers as it kind of reminds me of hobbits and fairies for some reason. Tibetan Chakra Chants is another, even Chant by the Benedictine Monks (and I'm not Catholic, but I listen to Tibetan Chakra chants and I'm not Tibetan) is soothing. The easiest way is to go on Amazon and just listen to samples. Key words chakra, vibrational cds or chant cds, Sonic Immersion is the strongest I've ever heard, so be very sure you want that one before buying.

Blessings and I hope some of these tips are useful to readers.

GD