Reading at a pamper night

Carla

YES!

Make sure to hand out as much literature as you can; and giving out discounts is a great way to build up business!

IF you are trying to go pro (or semi-pro) don't sell your services cheap. I'm making the assumption you are good at what you do. Most 'pro' reader colleagues in my area (Colorado) charge $80 - $100 (US) for a one hour private session.

- Dennis

At £10 for a 10-min reading on the night, I think I'm charging more than the pros in your area, but not as much as the pros in mine, possibly. But I will do a 3-card draw by email for a fiver. :) A friend of mine who does face-painting and other entertainment for parties and functions, tells me I should charge more. It's something to think about.

minrice

I wasn't comfortable charging a lot of money in the beginning either, I felt really weird about it. But then as my skills and experience increased I realized that what I was doing was highly skilled and represented years and years of study and practice...
I think once you get your feet wet you will feel great about charging more for long, private consultations!

Good luck to you!!!

Private Tarot

At the current Euro to U.S. rate I think it comes out to about $80/hr U.S. :)

Carla

It's on!

The pamper night is tonight!! I have 8 readings booked already. Wish me luck. It's my first live gig--trial by fire! They're scheduled 10 minutes apart, boom boom boom. Short and sweet readings. I'm going to give each client a little tealight candle and suggest they light it and think about their reading over the next few days. I've also made A5 flyers with space for them to jot a note or two about their reading, with of course my contact details and price list on it, and I'm taking my business cards as well.

Est

Good luck Carla. Hope it goes really well for you :)

firefrost

Sounds brilliant Carla, looking forward to hearing all about it!

starrystarrynight

Super! Keep us posted. I'd send you good luck, but I know you will do fine. :)

Carla

How many guests you are expecting to read will decide on your approach. When I do parties I usually tell them about six guests per hour, so everyone gets a nice ten minute reading and I do maybe six cards for that. It's a quick reading but long enough that it doesn't feel rushed.
- Dennis

I tried this technique, Dennis, but neither my querents nor I could keep to the timing. I went over the ten minutes every time. So I will need to book 20-30 minute readings in future. I just can't seem to keep it short. I guess I'm just not a 'party' type reader, but more serious. Maybe I could learn a 'party' style. Or to be more disciplined in my time keeping. It's possible but I doubt it!

AJ

take class from Willowfox.
book 20 readings per hour

:)