reading at dryden fair 2014

HOLMES

ah the deck

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=178463&highlight=1000+spreads
here is the thread about the deck

I showed them the spreads I had already wrote down before I brought the deck of a thousand spreads. they are a page of different version of 3 card spreads, one 5 card spreads, two 7 cards spreads with the chakra spread being one of them, and two different 10 cards cards with one being the good old celtic cross, and one being the hipscotch spread from the innerchild cards book.

so when I offered the random spread with the deck of a 1000 spreads I may of showed one or two of them over the weekend a card or two to show it was about but mostly I told them it makes a randomspread so you it is like what the universe wants you to know..
after a minute thinking they made the choice. and I think it was easiest for them to go with that ,, for a lot of premade spreads deal with problems that perhaps they didn't feel at the time that the problem was worth a whole card reading.

and you as you most likely know despite our best efforts to read on a certain subject.. the tarot has a will of its own,, and will sometimes talk on career instead of romance eh. ? or vice versa

re-pete-a

This is why I shuffle , they shuffle, I fan out the cards face down on the table and get the person to choose a card and turn it over and place it on the table.... and pull their hands away...

Sometimes they dart back in to turn the card in another direction

This is all OK ...

When they are satisfied I read that card...

This is the real topic for the sitter....which may be different to the original reason for sitting...

I don't force it on them...They decide ...

It's a sometimes thing...Intuitions dictate the situation....

A request for a general reading is a good time to try it....it helps get to the core reason for the reading....

HOLMES

i evolved over time ..

at first I used to have the client pick cards like that,, over time I took it out and the reason I took it out is that it took so long for them pick 10 cards sometimes that I lost energy and focus.
perhaps as I reads for people here on the forum over these years and they were not there to pick their cards yet the readings went well that I felt they didnt' have to shuffle the cards. it also slow it down when there is only 3 hours left and there would be a line of people interested in readings.

I shuffle with my left hand when I am right hand for I am of the belief it is the receiving hand the inuitative hand so when I used to let the client shuffle the cards I had them do it with their left hands which was funny for some..but surprisingly difficult for some.

I also used to have the client sit there and ground but last year for sure,, but perhaps the year before I switch to the request of the creator method which no one yet has rebelled against or asked if they had to do it. which surpises me as I think about it.

also as I shuffle with my left after I ground myself and make my requests in my mind "please give me guidance, good reading for x,, make it a good reading " as I close my eyes and receive guidance this year..

before as they shuffle I would watch them shuffle ,, and if they were good looking ,, feel kind of awkward as I watch.. this reduces my awkwardness with my evolution from having them shuffle.

I know that the client may feel they need a connection by shuffling the cards or choosing the cards,, yet I honestly feel they do receive a connection with their request to the universe and any messages I receive before hand before I do the reading.

so I used to do all that at the beginning,, but now I feel the reading flows better for me ,, and just as good as the client. if the client asks to shuffle the cards I will allow them to do it though.

the other reason why I evolved to this as the messages or guidance seems to come fast.. so keeping focused on the message I get as I read the tarot is important, and going with my first instinct as I see the card.

the one card reading takes 10 minutes or more with us talking, and listening the client share their stories takes a bit afterwards as well.

letting them shuffle and pick a card does work though for others,, I just evolved from it to this for personal reasons over time.

angelika

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=178463&highlight=1000+spreads
here is the thread about the deck

I showed them the spreads I had already wrote down before I brought the deck of a thousand spreads. they are a page of different version of 3 card spreads, one 5 card spreads, two 7 cards spreads with the chakra spread being one of them, and two different 10 cards cards with one being the good old celtic cross, and one being the hipscotch spread from the innerchild cards book.

so when I offered the random spread with the deck of a 1000 spreads I may of showed one or two of them over the weekend a card or two to show it was about but mostly I told them it makes a randomspread so you it is like what the universe wants you to know..
after a minute thinking they made the choice. and I think it was easiest for them to go with that ,, for a lot of premade spreads deal with problems that perhaps they didn't feel at the time that the problem was worth a whole card reading.

and you as you most likely know despite our best efforts to read on a certain subject.. the tarot has a will of its own,, and will sometimes talk on career instead of romance eh. ? or vice versa

Hi HOLMES

Thanks for the link - it looks fab. I will take my time to read it slowly later and may get myself a copy. There is something I made for myself like this-using Lenormand. But doing it with tarot is very exciting. I am not a great reader of Lenormand. It doesn't quite work with me or give me enough to read with like the tarot.

many thanks again for a very informative thread.

Water Lady

Holmes
what does this mean?
I also used to have the client sit there and ground but last year for sure,, but perhaps the year before I switch to
"the request of the creator method "

re-pete-a

Holmes ...

I have them turn over one card only...The basis for the reading...then I pick up the deck and draw out the rest .

BUT...whatever works for you is what works best...

HOLMES

thanks

I am glad that some may get some ideas for their readings when they venture out to do live readings. (or even to practice on friends first ).

water lady
the request of the creator method is this.

1. they put both feet on the ground
2. they hold the cards in both hands palm up in front of them
3. I have the say "dear or oh , creator ,please bless these cards, give us guidance and look after my loved ones,, thank you "
I also say tell them to say whatever they believe in,, god, goddess
and I usually tell them to put the cards down,, as I am regrounding myself, activing my light body centers, chakras doing this time, calling upon ascendedmasters.
one thing is they usually follow what they say,, though I did have one native Canadian woman (indian for lack of better word ) ask ,, "can I pray this in my own language " and I said "oh yes "

oh re-pete-a

that method you describe there,, is actually my soul message from the creator..
I shuffle the cards,, put one aside , and read it at the end..
I used to read it at the beginning but before I started using the deck of thousand spreads,, my old stand by was celtic cross so the heart of the matter card for me kind of interfered with the soul message..
it was like the soul message would become the heart of the matter I noticed for a couple of readsings.
or for the spread I used that said problem,, the soul message being first would colour it..

so for me after a while it just felt right to put it at the end , perhaps it was inspired by reading the wish card that would be left out I forget where..

so every pricing I used..
1 card for 10 card
3 card for 20
5 card for 25
7 cards for 30
10 cards for 40 .. it is actually 2 cards for 10,, 11 cards for 40.. but I don't list it.. as I like the soul message being a surprise, and I like suprising those who get the one card reading when I say and this is the message from your guide/soul/creator for you.

a lot of time it is on something totally unrelated but about 99.98 times it is important to the client.

Water Lady

of course, thank you Holmes

re-pete-a

Thanks for that soul card message...It's an interesting way to go about the readings...