Reading at night

a_shikhs

Do you read tarot at night time? I love doing readings at night but have stopped doing so as whenever I would read tarot at night, the spirit activity around me would increase no matter how much I grounded myself and a few weird things would happen. Since I've stopped reading during the night time, things have calmed down.

Has anyone else experienced this? I've become very particular now and don't open my cards after the sun sets.

Legobrick

a_shikhs said:
Do you read tarot at night time? I love doing readings at night but have stopped doing so as whenever I would read tarot at night, the spirit activity around me would increase no matter how much I grounded myself and a few weird things would happen. Since I've stopped reading during the night time, things have calmed down.

Has anyone else experienced this? I've become very particular now and don't open my cards after the sun sets.

Interesting experiences! I haven't noticed any difference, myself.

Do you think it is the deck you are using? Some like the Archeon are distinctly darker in flavour than others and may attract negative energies. I use the Enchanted Tarot as my main reading deck and have no problems after dark.

a_shikhs

I'm sure it's got nothing to do with the deck as I use different decks all the time.I keep experimenting with different decks and don't have any particular deck for night time.

The crowned one

No I can not say I have had that, but my whole outlook on tarot is non-spirit based. I find I sleep better after a good reading. Mine is more internalized and comes from me understanding the energies i can perceive around me.(Often very few, but when it works ..WOW.)

Miss Divine

I usually don't read at night anymore either, for the same reason as you say. And it doesn't have anything to do with the deck either.

Sometimes just a 1 card draw at night anymore.

TC,
Phoebe

le fey

I read whenever I am least likely to be interrupted by family members. That often means I read only at night. if there are spirits about, they're a lot less disruptive than shrill cries of "Mooooom!!!"

bryghtrose

I tend to do most of my readings at night, but that's only because I'm home at night. My days are very busy with work, and on weekends I never have time during daylight to sit and read tarot. I actually like reading at night, that way I can sleep on a reading and sometimes I wake up with a new or clearer interpretation. I've never had anything a_shikhs's experiences happen to me.

Elven

Hi a_shikhs :D

I read at night and during the day - and still get connected ... though when I read during the day, Im doing it face to face with the Querent, and although I have got some great messages through and been feeling Spirit is 'right there' breathing down my kneck ... ... at night I have the luxury of sitting in my pyjamas or tracksuit - I have time to sit and think for as long as I like and really indulge ... and that may mean writing down any thoughts I feel I am receiving ... and I hold long conversations with Spirit - which if I did in public may have me committed :laugh:

Spirit is always there I think, but it depends if Im listening as well :D and being open to receiving the message in totallity - which may mean other types of interactions and sensings ...

But I love night readings!!

Blessings Elven x

Elly Magritte

The crowned one said:
No I can not say I have had that, but my whole outlook on tarot is non-spirit based. I find I sleep better after a good reading. Mine is more internalized and comes from me understanding the energies i can perceive around me.(Often very few, but when it works ..WOW.)

I also have a non-spirit outlook but I'm a night owl so I'm generally more comfortable doing things during the night. I'm also at lectures during the day so I'm generally concentrating on my work then, night is when I get a chance (if I get a chance!) to wind down, whip out the cards and feel inspired. Unless it's a day off, in which case I'm not so distracted and can wind down with the Tarot :)

Grizabella

I wonder why spirit activity would increase only at night. If tarot were going to bring spirit activity, it seems to me that it would bring it at any time, not just at night. I think you've mentioned before that it does occur during the daytime, too, or did I just imagine that? :)