Reading for Yourself

Kat Moon

Do any of you have issues reading for yourself? I have to admit when I started this journey, I did it to read for myself. Not that I have lots of questions, but I wanted to be able to obtain the answer for myself. But as I go further and further down this path, I find that it is harder and harder to read to myself, the cards kinda just stare at me. Reading for others is getting better though. (as I have been getting lots of great feedback)

Anyone else? How do you overcome this?

Cocobird55

I read for myself all the time. I'm able to stay objective when I look at the cards I pull. No problems at all. Keep practicing!

Kat Moon

I read for myself all the time. I'm able to stay objective when I look at the cards I pull. No problems at all. Keep practicing!

I am trying to stay objective. Thanks :)

eolian

I read for myself but it is just the weekly 3 card pull for the coming week or the card of the day when i used to do it that way. Even then the better you get the more the cards start giving you readings you scratch your head over.
I had one of those head scratchers last week, lots of wands showing energies but i had nothing going on.

Cocobird55

That was very helpful -- thanks for the link.

DownUnderNZer

I am able to read for myself as long as I am objective.

If I feel out of sync then I will do it as though I am reading for someone else.

However, I don't read much for myself. Although I did for practice when learning, wanted to try new things out, or really wanted to know something.

Now...not really so much. :)

WolfSwan

I've been finding the same thing! When I started reading it was easy to read for myself but as time is going on the cards are harder for me to interpret myself. For other people the cards are very chatty but when it comes to reading for myself it doesn't work so well anymore. I've taken to taking a break from reading for others too much and see if that improves and it is making some difference to me reading for myself X

I also think that we put more effort to read for others whereas we can be a bit lax reading for ourselves.

Citrin

Try to position yourself outside of the cards. Ask your question, then LOOK at the cards, really SEE what they're saying. Forget who you're reading for, just let the cards give you information. :)

It takes practice. And with certain touchy questions it might just be that you're never gonna be able to read for yourself. When I'm very involved, often in a romantic situation with an ex or a crush etc, I find it gets too messy in my head and I sometimes consult a tarot reader I trust instead of trying to read the cards myself. Sometimes I just have to wait until I feel calm and grounded enough to attempt a reading. :)

crystalrose

I enjoy reading for myself and usually get good answers. In cases where I draw a blank, there's a couple things I do. One is to get back to basics and break out my tarot books. I scan meanings until something clicks. This helps on the objectivity front too because its hard to reinterpret a negative card when the meanings are staring me in the face.

The other thing I do is to study the card images closely until something sparks, as mentioned by other posters in this thread & Kelly Ann in her video.

Sometimes I do need to wait til I'm in a more grounded state to read. Or if I can't come up with an answer immediately, I take note of what cards I pulled and think about them later. Answers can take a while to gel in my brain.

If you want to read for yourself, practice. You'll get better with time. I think it's important to be able read for yourself. Personally I do a lot of introspection with my cards and would hate to have to depend on someone else every single time I need answers.