Reading Practices 2010-2011

greatdane

Wondering if anyone's reading practices changed in 2010 and if you anticipate, or are working on, any changes in your reading style for 2011?
Any new ideas or interpretations change your perceptions re tarot in general, or certain cards in particular, in 2010?

Since I just started reading in 2010, it was a year of discovery and experimentation. I learned that in a lot of ways, less is more for me when it comes to decks, as I tend to gravitate to about a handful (which can change when new decks are published!). I also discovered how helpful journalling with a deck is, as opposed to just writing down readings (which I also do). Really looking at each card and recording impressions has helped me get to know some decks better.

I think the difference for 2011 will be now that I have more of a grasp of what works for me, I will just work on refining more and continuing to journal. I will also work more on combining both standard meanings and intuitive reading. I will continue to stay open to new ideas, like those offerred here in AT and studying.

BLESSINGS TO ALL FOR 2011.

Amanda

I slipped into bouncing summary card elements off the elements of cards actually pulled in a spread to get a better idea what the spread was saying, it's best and weakest spots- this was after discovering elements earlier this year.

My methods actually do seem to change once or twice a year, I've noticed- but it's never been planned.

greatdane

Interesting Amanda...

About how you started incorporating card elements. I can see where most people probably don't PLAN changes in their reading, but something sparks one's interest or they have an A HA! moment and that leads to a new perspective.

I don't know how my views on reading will change this year, just that I plan to stay open to possibilities like it sounds like you do!

Blessings,
GD