Reading with a hangover

Morwenna

The last time I drank enough to have a hangover was before I got into Tarot. :D

I've never tried to read when I didn't feel well.

Seafra

I've been ill for several weeks with 'flu and sinus problems and been unable to read because of it. Can't say that I've noticed that a hangover impedes my ability to read but my overall physical health definitely does. Then again, when I've had a hangover I don't even touch my cards simply because I feel like poop.

beachcomb

a few weeks ago when i was dealing with a hangover a girl here at the dorm wanted a reading before meeting her boyfriend and i found it hard to focus on the reading and just everything seemed off, plus she said it wasn't my best reading but she said that she got her answer it was just foggy.

on the flip side i find that a glass of wine helps me read better, i've been told never to do it, but my cards must like red wine because i get good readings maybe it's because i'm loose and not worring about if i'm doing it right or not.

WolfSpirit

I always ground myself before a reading and I need to calm myself and focus. I don't think I could do that if I was ill or hungover, I have never tried because my obvious first priority is to get better before I can think of anything else.

Aladdin said:
Oddly enough the remains of my brain sometimes chime in much better after several of what the Australians would call "stubbies".

I can read fine when I had something to drink. Not when I am drunk though, but this happens rarely - and then I have need of sleep, not a reading.

Lysh

beachcomb said:
on the flip side i find that a glass of wine helps me read better, i've been told never to do it, but my cards must like red wine because i get good readings maybe it's because i'm loose and not worring about if i'm doing it right or not.
A mentor of mine, who first got me into tarot, use to love drinking wine! She could have a glass or two of wine and read fine. I don't drink before I read cards, but I know for her she was always accurate regardless. However, she was not 'drunk'. I think that is were lines are drawn.

nisaba

Aladdin said:
Oddly enough the remains of my brain sometimes chime in much better after several of what the Australians would call "stubbies".
<puzzled> Workmen's shorts? That's odd, still, whatever floats your boat. Do you prefer them laundered or unlaundered?

Aladdin

It's a long time since we had proper imported beers from Australia in most parts of the UK and i seem to remember them being smaller than the standard 44 and 50cl cans here, hence the "stubbie" - a great term !

DellArtista

There's definitely times when I'm unwell or in a bad spot emotionally & the cards seem to just reflect it back at me in almost a joking or sarcastic way -- especially with something like the Deviant Moon, decks that I think can have quite a lot of humor to them! Very frustrating when it happens, but then again... it can't help but make me laugh -- so I suppose it does help in a roundabout way! :p