Reading with the Russian Gypsy Fortune Telling Cards

Zelmira

I got this set as a gift recently, and today I did a reading for myself to see how the entire system works. For those of you who are not familiar with this deck, it has 25 cards, but each card has 4 pieces that need to match in pairs to form a card that is readable. Also each card has 4 meanings, depending if the picture you get is up, down, to the right or to the left. You perform the reading with all 25 cards, but the numbers of cards that you may be able to read varies according to the matches you get.

My question for the reading was a general one about my love life.
I got 6 matches (at least I could not find anymore).

# 40 Knot (arrow down): You have tied knots for a lifetime.

#35 Anchor (arrow to the left): Disillusionment with the ideal; doubts.

#21 Mountain(arrow down): A treacherous enemy is trying to catch you, be on guard.

#28 Horseshoe (arrow up): You will walk by happiness not noticing it.

#17 Heron (arrow to the right): Circumstances wil force you to enter an undesirable path.

#16 Star (arrow down): Your guiding star will bring you to your goal.

Now, this is the way I have interpreted the reading. In regard to love I have a knot that will last a life time, and it may be it was started in a previous life (this is true), but in this life anchoring to this relationship has not been for happiness and joy. I probably have had or will be having new love relationship opportunities, but because the knot mentioned in card 40 I did not or will not take advantage of them. I assumed that at the end my love life will improve with the help of the Star. The 2 cards that threw me off completely are the Mountain and the Heron. Could the Mountain indicate that there is someone that is trying to get me in love but it is a pose to take advantage of me? Will this situation put me in an undesirable path as the Heron is announcing? To me this is I must be on guard if any "possible lover" comes into the radar, be careful and dismiss it because it may get me in some type of trouble or the like.

I appreciate any comments or suggestions you may be able to offer. This is my first time reading these cards and any help is more than welcome.

Blessings,

Zelmira

Myrrha

Looking at the sample readings in the book she doesn't always include each matched picture in the interpretation. If something doesn't fit into your reading maybe just let it go.
Also, she talks in the book about how something that at first seems like a bad or negative occurance can lead you to something positive. I wonder if something like that could be going on with the Heron picture. Especially since you have the Star picture indicating reaching a positive goal.

Were some of these matches the last card? I've only done a few readings with this set and I'm still trying to figure out by trial and error whether to read the last card with all four in position 1 or to read them the way the arrows face.

I really like this set as it is uplifting and spiritually positive but at the same time very down to earth and realistic. It does seem like you have to do readings over time and see how they come out to get a sense of what the pictures mean for you in your life.

Edit: I looked at the book, to try to explain better.
In sample reading #7 for example, she doesn't use the pig, horseshoe or bouquet pictures in her interpretation. In sample #6 some of the matches directly answer the question but she says that others don't refer directly to the situation but to "surrounding forces".

I would wait and see if the Mountain picture keeps coming up over the next few readings you do.

Zelmira

Myrrha:
I am sorry, I took so long to see your post. At times I don't come to the forum because other obligations and issues. Anyway, I really appreciate your comments, they provided me with other alternatives to my reading. I always wanted this oracle and someone was getting rid of it and gave it to me, brand new. You are right about how it provides insides that are different from other decks, and the possibilities are endless. I have not done any more readings with it, but will probably give it another try sometime soon. I will keep you posted. Blessings,
Zelmira