Readings and the Effect on Your Energy Levels

ArtemisOrange

I've been reading for a week and a day, I've done 60-70 readings, and I am E.x.a.u.s.t.e.d. And with each new reading, I'm more tired. Even short reads affect me physically.

All this week, I've also been in the middle of a fibromyalgia flare-up, and I'm having trouble discerning which is being aggravated by which.

I plan on taking the weekend off from reading, at least, but maybe the whole next week except for a daily draw or the like. But I hope that when I return to it, I won't have this happen so much.

Additionally, there have been 4 readings I've done for online friends and felt bruised and bloodied after them because they were so exhausting.

Has anyone else had a HUGE drain on their energy? It's physical (I feel it in the middle of my back and my scalp tingles), it's mental (especially on 10+ card reads), it's emotional.

Lula Jing

Yes, readings sometimes tire me (and make me hungry!). And as a querent, I once suffered from complete exhaustion for days afterwards. I'm not quite sure what happened, maybe it's to do with energy leakage. I'm sure others who work with energy and know more about it will elaborate!

My sister has fibromyalgia - I am still learning about it through her experience. It's awful and she gets so tired. The new thing is chattering teeth, or 'jaw-judder' - even when it's only slighly cold. :(

I would say take a break from readings. If you still feel tired - you know why. And then start back up gradually with the readings, going at your own pace if that's at all possible.

Good luck, and I hope things improve soon! :)

olivia1

ArtemisOrange said:
Has anyone else had a HUGE drain on their energy? It's physical (I feel it in the middle of my back and my scalp tingles), it's mental (especially on 10+ card reads), it's emotional.

I only get tired doing phone readings and readings by IM. Mainly because (in addition to just reading) I actually have to interact with them and help them cope with their emotions. Also, "real time" sitters are more demanding. They want more specifics and it seems when one question is answered, they come up with a dozen more...

Glitterbird

When you have complete exhaustion from reading, it may be you are using all your energy rather than using the energy from your querants. Make sure you also stay hydrated.
I don't know much about fibromyalgia -except it can cause exhaustion.
Give yourself a break to recover.

SunChariot

ArtemisOrange said:
I've been reading for a week and a day, I've done 60-70 readings, and I am E.x.a.u.s.t.e.d. And with each new reading, I'm more tired. Even short reads affect me physically.

All this week, I've also been in the middle of a fibromyalgia flare-up, and I'm having trouble discerning which is being aggravated by which.

I plan on taking the weekend off from reading, at least, but maybe the whole next week except for a daily draw or the like. But I hope that when I return to it, I won't have this happen so much.

Additionally, there have been 4 readings I've done for online friends and felt bruised and bloodied after them because they were so exhausting.

I have to say no. Because I stop whenever I am tired, take a break and don't come back till I feel better. I will even do this in the middle of a reading...since I only do online readings. The minute I feel at all tired I stop and rest until that feeling is gone. I find this is important to my doing my best work, as I need a lot of focus. I honestly think I somehow channel the answers, and I can't do that when my mind is not fully there at full capacity (eg feeling tired).

As for 60 or 70 readings in a week, that is unimaginable to me! LOL It take me from 2 to 15 or 16 hours just for one reading (and I that is how long it takes to work on it, not counting any breaks I take). 60 or 70 a week I could not have time to eat or sleep.

I would have to say that you are overdoing it if you are having all those symptoms. Be good to yourself. :heart: Please listen to the signs you are getting from your mind and body that you are pushing yourself too hard.

Also if you are working that hard on readings, I can only imagine that the quality of your readings is going down, as you get exhausted. Sometimes quality is more important than quantity. Just my opinion....

Babs

tarotreader2007

I agree with SunChariot.

I get drained when doing readings and can only do maybe 4 a day before I'm done. I get tired but not in the physical sense...the only way I can equate it is the feeling you get with certain medications where your brain is like "uhhhhh...ahhhhh....oiii" even though your body is fully functional lol

It greatly depends on your technique of reading I find. I use quite a lot of my own energy to do a reading (hence the drain). Others tap into other energies for their readings. Perhaps change your technique and see if another works better for you?

Peace and Love

ArtemisOrange

Thank you all for weighing in!

I don't have a technique that I feel is very special, it's all highly intuitive. I wouldn't even call it a technique lol. I see the card, read the story, maybe check for keywords in my companion book to jar my memory/ping my intuition, note the position and its relation to the query, and then move to the next card. Sometimes if it's a short draw (1-4 cards), I just get a snapshot of the query, easy peasy. It's almost like "flash fiction" in that case ;).

As to the number or readings, uhm... I got really excited about reading LOL. I've done everything from single card draws for friends, to 30 card spreads for myself and close friends. I did 8 readings in the first evening I had my cards. :-o I wasn't trying to do so many, it just felt SO natural and exciting. Reading makes me feel good (most of the time) while I'm reading, but as soon as I'm done interpreting, that's when I can feel the energy loss.

I'm going to try doing fewer readings, reserving anything over 5 cards for all but very close friends/family, and doing significantly fewer throughout the day. At this point, even drawing a single card is taxing.

I've also noticed that now, the type of query can affect the effect it has on me. This is one reason I've made the decision (just this morning, in fact) not to do any readings that are predictive in nature. It almost hurts. And readings about someone that isn't the querant/myself, it's uncomfortable as well.

Baroli

DUDE!

Anytime you do a long number of readings HYDRATE!!! You are loosing electrolytes, so keep either Gatorade (if you can stand the taste) or something that will replenish minerals and what you are loosing. Me, I keep a huge bottle of water close by. Otherwise, I get a humongous headache.

Umbrae

I dunno, the more I read the more hyped I get.

For me its like plugging into 220...

and I'm talking reading f2f, internet, chat, or phone. I do not get tired or get headaches, I get amped. And the more I read, the more awake I become!

so go figure...

ArtemisOrange

@Baroli After taking better care of myself today, and drinking a whole lot more water, I do think that's part of it. Dehydration on top of fibro made for an ugly cocktail of energy drain lol

@Umbrae That's how I was the first three days of reading. Oh man, I couldn't stop! It was SO much fun! And energizing! As you can tell from my exclamation points! But since Monday I've been losing more and more energy and reading exacerbates it in a big way. Hopefully when this flare-up is all through, it won't be as taxing. *fingers crossed*