Received Tarot deck without packaging

kayman

Hi,

I just received my 'Dark Grimoire Tarot' from Amazon which I had purchased some time back.

However the outer box has no seal, appears to have been tampered with and the tarot deck itself has no plastic wrap.

All 78 cards are there however.

Just wondering if anyone else has received their cards from Amazon like this? I'm not happy with Amazon about this...

screenshot:
http://i49.tinypic.com/jjtv1y.jpg

Kanon

That is so weird, because from what I know (cause I'm selling tarot too), Lo Scarabeo doesn't have any outer wrap, but the cards are sealed. You should email Amazon.com, they owe you an explanation (and maybe replacement!).

Talking about Amazon.com, I ever received my Whimsical Tarot with beaten up box :(. And when I asked them about it, they offered me 50% refund and I can have the deck.

jcwirish

That's strange. I've ordered tons from Amazon and have never encountered this.

nisaba

Just a thought: years ago the creator of the Whimsical deck sent me a package (before she'd designed it) with a number of gifts, including a Tarot deck. The parcel had been opened and re-sealed for a random contraband check by Customs, and as a part of that check, the deck was also opened and unsealed. Everything was still present. Could that have happened?

Dusk Till Dawn

Customs recently had opened a package of mine, and completely cut through the outter box of the Deck. Maybe that happened? You should contact Amazon about it, and get a replacement. I never had a problem like that with Amazon, that is weird. Maybe they've sent you a returned Deck?

kayman

yah but Amazon is in USA, im in Australia. If I get a replacement those guys are probably going to expect me to pay for those 'international shipping' charges again ugh...I emailed them, I'll just have to see what their response is.

My mother suggested also that perhaps the posting company (Australia Post handles the parcels) could have opened to check. But why remove the deck's plastic wrap is beyond me..

Sulis

If the cards are all there and there is nothing wrong with them then I honestly don't see what the problem is... It's not as if a deck isn't touched by human hands before it gets to us.

Why does it matter?

puppydung

I've already experienced that. I believe that what customs did to your package. I bought a lot of decks last year and when it came to customs clearance, they removed the plastic wrap, even caused some damage to the books (or LWB) of the decks or scratched the cards. Urgggh, I learnt to let Amazon ship to my friend in Singapore instead and when he's back to Vietnam, he could bring them to me - undamaged.

I do dislike my country's custom service (they even refuse to import some decks, argggggg)

Kanon

kayman said:
yah but Amazon is in USA, im in Australia. If I get a replacement those guys are probably going to expect me to pay for those 'international shipping' charges again ugh...I emailed them, I'll just have to see what their response is.

My mother suggested also that perhaps the posting company (Australia Post handles the parcels) could have opened to check. But why remove the deck's plastic wrap is beyond me..
Based from my experience, they won't charge you for extra payment. Because I ever claimed for replacement too, and I live in Asia :).

Kanon

Sulis said:
If the cards are all there and there is nothing wrong with them then I honestly don't see what the problem is... It's not as if a deck isn't touched by human hands before it gets to us.

Why does it matter?
Idk, but for me, it feels like "not new" anymore :(.