recurring 5 of swords- Its driving me mental!!!

Sirena84

Hello good people of the forum

In the past 2 or 3 days I have been pulling the 5 of swords a lot.. not just for a specific situation.. from relationship to a Q on night out to whether or not I will successfully clean my house..

On 5 of swords on my deck, there a woman chained and about to be judged and sentenced by whole bunch of bearded old men.. Ghosts of women from past look in sadly, and there are two women on their knees plead for her mercy and putting themselves at risk as well..

Based on the image and message of this card in my deck the only thing I can thing of is that maybe in a specific situation of my life, I am putting my self on trial, I am victimising myself and maybe things are not as bad as I think.. maybe I need to talk to people around me more and ask for guidance.. Basically I think the card is telling me that I am mentally torturing and killing myself over a situation.. I can think of one situation currently..

here is a link to 5 of swords in my deck

http://www.arnellart.com/tt-5-sword.htm

Any ideas would be welcome and appreciated as its starting to worry me as well.. its not exactly the most positive card in the deck.. and I don't like it even when I see it like once a week.. but 3 days in a row in virtually most readings is annoying me and I want it to go away,.. But I feel that it won't until I get the message..

Thank you in advance :) :heart: xx

Tiggy-cat

Hello good people of the forum

Basically I think the card is telling me that I am mentally torturing and killing myself over a situation.. I can think of one situation currently..

here is a link to 5 of swords in my deck

http://www.arnellart.com/tt-5-sword.htm

I think that interpretation makes much sense. My first thought was that maybe you are tending towards obsessing or agonizing unnecessarily over things and judging yourself harshly, as the woman in the card is being judged.

What deck is that? I like the artwork a lot and that's an interesting take on the 5S that I haven't seen before.

Sirena84

I think that interpretation makes much sense. My first thought was that maybe you are tending towards obsessing or agonizing unnecessarily over things and judging yourself harshly, as the woman in the card is being judged.

What deck is that? I like the artwork a lot and that's an interesting take on the 5S that I haven't seen before.

many thanks for this :)

yes this was my first thought.. as right now I am in a funny (not funny haha) situation and I don't know what to think.. but maybe I am over agonizing it and its probably all okay..

the deck is Transformational tarot deck.. I love it!! I was given it few years back by a friend who didn't get on with it.. but it works amazing for me.. I looked on line few months back to see how much it is and its quite expensive now.. although my friend didn't pay the current price for it.. so maybe it has gone up or something.. or maybe what I saw on Amazon was expensive.. :) But yes its quite a gen this deck :) xx

aliceinwonderland

Hey Sirena, how are you, love??

I hate this card too, not exactly welcomed in my readings so I get you stressed :)

what it has meant for me is, that sometimes, you end up winning what you think you want (this card is called empty victory), to realise it doesn't really fulfill you. Victory at all costs. There's a victor and a loser on this card. So it could be that or feeling you have lost over somebody else, causing embarrasment/guilt. But there's always a lack of sprit the corps (lack of cooperation) and a one upmanship. Try have more will to cooperate and negotiate. This is the kind of message I get from this card in my readings. Your gain is mine. Also, being swords, limit the time you spend thinking negatively. Positive action always helps. Plan and act from the heart.

Big hug :heart:

Sirena84

Hey Sirena, how are you, love??

I hate this card too, not exactly welcomed in my readings so I get you stressed :)

what it has meant for me is, that sometimes, you end up winning what you think you want (this card is called empty victory), to realise it doesn't really fulfill you. Victory at all costs. There's a victor and a loser on this card. So it could be that or feeling you have lost over somebody else, causing embarrasment/guilt. But there's always a lack of sprit the corps (lack of cooperation) and a one upmanship. Try have more will to cooperate and negotiate. This is the kind of message I get from this card in my readings. Your gain is mine. Also, being swords, limit the time you spend thinking negatively. Positive action always helps. Plan and act from the heart.

Big hug :heart:

Hi Alice.. I am good thanks :) and you?

many thanks for this.. this is a great insight and a good way of looking at it.. I didn't see it that way because the image on my card is so different to the traditional image.. but I can see how you make sense too.. because I can actually fit it to my current circumstances in my relationship with the boy.. I am left thinking too much in my head without much clues or anything to go by..

so thank you :heart: xx