Refresh Tarot deck

Ann Yu

Hi everyone, I have a problem with my Hanson Robert.
It's happened for the recent 3 months. My deck didn't work out anymore. Any result it told wasn't true no matter how I interpreter them. I think it couldn't happen without reason. As you know, no body can work hard 24/24 without refreshing and relaxing, no machine can work for a life without repairing. And I think the same situation happens to Tarot deck sometimes.
I think I should refresh its energy but I don't know how.

So, is there any method to refresh the energy of the deck?

I appreciate any answer that you share here. Thank you so much :D

nisaba

It could be the deck, it could be your relationship with the deck. For instance, I know sometimes if I'm reading a book where one word occurs often on a page - say the word "jump" or the word "car", after I read it several times it will move into an odd space in my mind where it doesn't make sense any more. Perhaps the particular images on your deck have done the same thing.

By all means, "rest" your deck (just wrap it up, thank it, and put it away for a while), and see if that helps. But if it's your relationship with those particular images that has burnt-out, or if you have grown beyond the point where that deck is useful to you, perhaps you need to look around for another, different, deck to grow into.

SunChariot

My personal view on when that happens is that it is not the deck. It is one of two things. When we read it is an interaction between ourselves and the source that sends us the asnwers. The cards are jsut the tool that allows that to take place. In the sense that if I am using a telephone to talk to someone the telephone does not get tired and need a rest.

If communication breaks down,to me the issue comes from one of the communicators. Either you are overtired or overstressed and need a rest. OR the source sending you the answers does not feel that deck is the best one to answer your questions with right now and it is gentlu guidiing you to choose another deck for now so that it can give you the aswers it wants to through the other deck instead.

Babs

MareSaturni

I agree with Nisaba. Perhaps you unconsciously grew tired of the images in the Hanson-Roberts, and it's YOU who needs the refreshing. Not the deck. ;) Try putting it away for a while, and using another deck that you own, see if you keep getting weird results.

If it doesn't help, then maybe you are going through a general tarot burn out, and need to rest for a bit (specially if you have been reading a lot lately). Sometimes just a week without reading will clear your mind and make your readings more accurate again!

If you are found of rituals, perhaps you can try doing one for you deck. Leave it resting under the moonlight, or under a clear crystal, visualize it being "cleaned"... I don't usually do this, but I know some people who do and it works for them.

Usually when a deck stops working for me it's because somehow the imagery stopped "connecting" to my mind. It no longer speaks to me. Sometimes all I have to do is put it away and forget about it for a while. Sometimes however... it never comes back again, and I end up selling or giving the deck away. But this second case is rare! :D

digi162

I definitely agree with the above posts, but I do know of some ways to reinvigorate your connection with the deck...

-Putting the deck back in order as how it came. Some people I know do this already after every reading, but if you put the cards back in order it's a visual reset of the deck. Then you can put the deck away and not use it for a while, or return to it and reshuffle it. Putting the cards back in order can serve as a visual cue that you're starting over.
-Sleep with your deck under your pillow/nearby where you sleep. I've always heard this suggestion when you buy a new deck, that you supposedly forge a better connection having it nearby while you sleep.
-There's also other cleansing methods I've heard like using a quartz crystal. Or passing the tarot deck through the smoke of burning sage. Also, although I don't remember the purpose, but wrapping a tarot deck tightly in a plastic bag and letting it sit in a container of salt.

Every cleanse technique though sounds like a lucky penny, it may be more in believing that it's working than anything else. I'd say try some cleansing techniques to see if you can connect with the deck better. If you don't feel like anything is working, it may be as the above posts dictate, you should probably move on to a new deck and take a break.

GryffinSong

Use another deck for awhile. It'll freshen your perspective. If and when you're ready to go back to the Hanson Roberts, you'll know. You'll wake up one day and HAVE to pull it out. And if that never happens, so be it. It's an old friend, it can sit in retirement awhile.

That's my opinion. If something isn't working, change it up. Shake it up. Try something new. Honestly, it's no big deal to go to another deck for awhile. In my opinion, if you're forcing something, then something is wrong. Tarot, and any other tool, shouldn't have to be forced. I'd guess that you're burnt out on using the same deck.