Relationship reading

CaliforniaVirgo

Hi everyone,

I did this spread for my friend's sister but was wanting some help interpreting as I am not sure I am getting it all. I use this spread all the time and usually find it easy to interpret, but this reading just had me stumped.

The relationship right now:The Star clarified by the 9 of wands. I saw this as there is a lot of hope for this union but it has been a long, hard journey...but they are so close! I also know the star card can represent someone being unavailable so I wasn't sure if maybe these two live far away or what?

Her feelings towards him: Ace of cups clarified by the tower. I read this as her having a lot of emotions for him although maybe not sure how to communicate them, or direct them. The tower was tricky for me. My first thought was he made her feel anger, since anger is an emotion, but then I wondered if maybe she is going through an emotional transformation? then again these are HER feelings toward HIM...very confused.

His feelings toward her: 8 of cups clarified by 9 of pentacles...I read this a few ways. I know 8of cups is usually someone walking away from something/someone that no longer serves them and into the unknown...but as feelings? Perhaps he feels she is walking away from old emotional baggage and really becoming financially secure, and independent.

Their blocks/obstacles: 5 of cups clarified by 6 of wands. Now, this confused me. I know the 5 of cups is someone crying over what they feel they don't have/or have lost and not looking at what they do have....the 6 of wands to me represents more of someones ego in this union...so maybe someone is letting their ego take over and is causing emotional problems in the relationship?

Her best approach: the magician. I didn't clarify this because I felt the message was clear. I feel the magician is saying to create what you desire...she has everything she needs, but she needs to use her tools and create the relationship she wants.

The potential future: 7 of cups clarified by knight of cups. I view the 7 of cups as being disillusioned/confused/ or having too many options. There needs to be more focus. The knight made me think rose coloured glasses for some reason. I also know knights are not the best for long term commitments so I read the future as one or both of them being disillusioned about their future together. Maybe trying to make it work even though it's not working?

I would appreciate any help on this one. I just cannot grasp these energies tonight!

headincloud

The relationship right now:The Star clarified by the 9 of wands. There's hope around the relationship but things may not go according to plan or there may be opposition. On guard, expecting trouble, defensiveness.

Her feelings towards him: Ace of cups clarified by the tower. There's joy and tender feelings in ace but it looks like there may be disruption in the tower.

His feelings toward her: 8 of cups clarified by 9 of pentacles. Discontent and considering waking away. Possibly focusing on wealth and financial stability, alone but not lonely in the 9P.

Their blocks/obstacles: 5 of cups clarified by 6 of wands. Regret, disappointment, a difficult time emotionally, a possible split.

Her best approach: the magician. Clear concise and open communication.

The potential future: There are choices around the relationship.

CaliforniaVirgo

The relationship right now:The Star clarified by the 9 of wands. There's hope around the relationship but things may not go according to plan or there may be opposition. On guard, expecting trouble, defensiveness.

Her feelings towards him: Ace of cups clarified by the tower. There's joy and tender feelings in ace but it looks like there may be disruption in the tower.

His feelings toward her: 8 of cups clarified by 9 of pentacles. Discontent and considering waking away. Possibly focusing on wealth and financial stability, alone but not lonely in the 9P.

Their blocks/obstacles: 5 of cups clarified by 6 of wands. Regret, disappointment, a difficult time emotionally, a possible split.

Her best approach: the magician. Clear concise and open communication.

The potential future: There are choices around the relationship.

Thank you, thank you!

I did sense that there was a split, or they are separated for whatever reason to re-evaluate their relationship.

I know the star card can indicate long-distance or someone out of reach, but also a hopeful energy so I was stumped on which one it was. With the 9 of wands clarifying, I thought perhaps this emotional distance or space was weighing on the relationship perhaps?

When you say disruption from the tower, could that mean she is emotionally explosive?

headincloud

Thank you, thank you!

I did sense that there was a split, or they are separated for whatever reason to re-evaluate their relationship.

I know the star card can indicate long-distance or someone out of reach, but also a hopeful energy so I was stumped on which one it was. With the 9 of wands clarifying, I thought perhaps this emotional distance or space was weighing on the relationship perhaps?

When you say disruption from the tower, could that mean she is emotionally explosive?

Anger can be an issue when the tower shows but I'm not sure if it applies here, it might though. More likely it's indicating disruption around those happy feelings in the ace, circumstances coming in that will shake things up, looks to be his discontent.

CaliforniaVirgo

Anger can be an issue when the tower shows but I'm not sure if it applies here, it might though. More likely it's indicating disruption around those happy feelings in the ace, circumstances coming in that will shake things up, looks to be his discontent.

Hmm okay. So perhaps he has the 8 of cups because he can't handle her emotions anymore or something like that?

Just so interesting because I never thought of him as the one who would walk away from this relationship; I felt she held that power.

headincloud

Hmm okay. So perhaps he has the 8 of cups because he can't handle her emotions anymore or something like that?

Just so interesting because I never thought of him as the one who would walk away from this relationship; I felt she held that power.

The spread doesn't divulge what he's dissatisfied with but a few cards in the spread suggest potential problems up ahead. Could be something like an opportunity or proposal that pulls him away int the knight C and not necessarily a romantic one, could be career.

If you want to know what he's dissatisfied with ask for some insight, simply pull the 8C out as the significator or overview card then pull 3 cards to identify what is underlying it.

CaliforniaVirgo

The spread doesn't divulge what he's dissatisfied with but a few cards in the spread suggest potential problems up ahead. Could be something like an opportunity or proposal that pulls him away int the knight C and not necessarily a romantic one, could be career.

If you want to know what he's dissatisfied with ask for some insight, simply pull the 8C out as the significator or overview card then pull 3 cards to identify what is underlying it.

thanks, I will try that!

CaliforniaVirgo

Okay, so I took your advice. I pulled the 8 of cups and then asked what was underlying this for this person.

The cards that appeared were: 9 of wands rx, king of pents rx, and page of wands rx

My interpretation is this couple has a lot, and has had a lot, of issues. Maybe one or both of them is dealing with internal stuff but regardless it feels like heavy burdensome energy.

The king of pents rx could combined with 9 of wands rx reminds me of someone really stubborn. So maybe they cannot see eye to eye on some things. He is also an earth sign (taurus) so this tells me he may not feel grounded in the relationship, as I see this as him, and/or they are having money issues.

I am not sure how to interpret the page of wands rx? Maybe lost passion?

Overall, this guy just looks tired and fed up.

Any thoughts?

headincloud

King P rx, 9W rx, Page W rx.

Between the king and page there's a complete lack of energy, he may be feeling low physically or perhaps he generally lacks ambition, is he lazy? He may feel like a failure probably with good cause and possibly unlovable too. 9W rx and king rx both point at a lack trust, suspicion or paranoia in a relationship, the jealous type? There's no life, fun or zest in this relationship.

Another possibility in 9W rx points at problems with a partner in a relationship, they may have a chip on their shoulder, baggage and hang ups and need a lot of attention and reassurance, the wish will be to fix them but the partner won't want this as they are happy being a victim using the partner as a crutch. There may be dark moods and silences which are supposed to be tolerated because of what she's been through.

Page rx is a downturn in romance, if this card is representing the female it certainly backs up the interpretation of 9W rx as she may be sexually conflicted, crave attention and if she can't get it she'll seek negative attention. Prima-donna, someone with little regard for others emotions and needs. There may have been an incident when he couldn't believe the way she treated him. You're getting on my nerves, contention.

He may be considering offloading some of his commitments, more than he bargained for and out of his league.

CaliforniaVirgo

King P rx, 9W rx, Page W rx.

Between the king and page there's a complete lack of energy, he may be feeling low physically or perhaps he generally lacks ambition, is he lazy? He may rx both point at a lack trust, suspicion or paranoia in a relationship, the jealous type? Thfeel like a failure probably with good cause and possibly unlovable too. 9W rx and king ere's no life, fun or zest in this relationship.

Another possibility in 9W rx points at problems with a partner in a relationship, they may have a chip on their shoulder, baggage and hang ups and need a lot of attention and reassurance, the wish will be to fix them but the partner won't want this as they are happy being a victim using the partner as a crutch. There may be dark moods and silences which are supposed to be tolerated because of what she's been through.

Page rx is a downturn in romance, if this card is representing the female it certainly backs up the interpretation of 9W rx as she may be sexually conflicted, crave attention and if she can't get it she'll seek negative attention. Prima-donna, someone with little regard for others emotions and needs. There may have been an incident when he couldn't believe the way she treated him. You're getting on my nerves, contention.

He may be considering offloading some of his commitments, more than he bargained for and out of his league.

Wow, very interesting! I know they used to fight a lot. I am not close with her anymore but it seemed she was never happy. Funny thing is I remember her complaining he was lazy..he loves video games! He has a good job, but no desire to go beyond that. He's an auditor for the government so pretty boring job...he has no passion for it, but does it for the money.

She is very ruled by ego. Dresses very "sexy" (or inappropriate in my opinion) always needing to be center of attention, even if it's not good attention. This is my opinion, and a few others, but she thinks being beautiful is more valuable than anything. She constantly needs her ego stroked and when she gets it she will tell others. She has a blown up portrait of herself on her wall! Another example, she used to call me out of the blue to tell me someone hit on her and told her how pretty she was (weird, right?). I know she has had some bad family stuff in her upbringing, although I am not sure to what degree.

I know she wants babies and the white picket fence etc. I don't know whether he wants it or just is going along with it. Sounds like they may be on the verge of a break up, I just always thought it would be her to end things but it looks like it may be him. I do not know him well enough but from knowing her very well, she has a lotttt of issues.

Thank you for sharing all this!