Pregnancy

empresslove

My friend has experienced miscarriages in the recent past and she recently got pregnant again and I asked the tarot the question below.

Does the pregnancy endure?

Three card spread. No reversals. Rider Waite Deck.

Ace of Cup, 7 of Swords and 3 of Pents... the overall energy was the bottom of the deck and that was 4 of Wands. I wasn't sure of the answer and pull a few more cards but then decided to keep it as it was originally, but those cards were 2 of cups and 3 of swords.

ace of cups could imply that she's with child, as the aces are something new. 7 of swords could imply that she's hiding the fact that she's pregnant b/c of the past miscarriages, and the three of pents could imply her and her partner working together to ensure that her pregnancy doesn't lead to a miscarriage.

The theme of the spread as the 4 of wands makes sense b/c it is about a home/family and I think that's what the 4 of wands represents.

the other two cards that i pulled as clarifications were two of cups and three of swords and for me the two of cups represents the couple and perhaps the 3 of swords could imply heartbreak or fearing heartbreak b/c of losing the pregnancy. (again, i then decided to put the cards back and go with the original cards)...

To be honest, the 7 of swords and 3 of pents had me on a stump... 7 of swords is the thief card or implies trickery... it was clear that the ace of cups is a pregnancy card but the combination of the rest didn't make sense to me.

Any feedback would help.

Thanks!

headincloud

AC, 7S, 3P, 2C 3S

AC is likely the pregnancy, 3P is teamwork or possibly lack of with the 7S casting it's influence, 2C is the relationship, 3S is heartbreak or possibly a split which brings 7S into focus and I'm not sure how to interpret it. I wouldn't split the spread after you've pulled it but what I would do is pull a couple of clarifying cards for 7S and 3S to see if you can clarify what those cards relate to. There's possible problems around the pregnancy or the relationship or both, one might spark the other but I really don't know.

empresslove

Hi Headincloud... Thank you for taking the time to provide me with some feedback.

We're on the same page on the interpretations. I thought the same thing with the 3 of swords, like a combination of heartbreak of losing the pregnancy that could then perhaps lead to a split... But unsure... I can't say if they have serious problems in their relationship that would cause a break up but I suppose we only see what's on the surface and there might be issues I'm not aware of us.

AC, 7S, 3P, 2C 3S

AC is likely the pregnancy, 3P is teamwork or possibly lack of with the 7S casting it's influence, 2C is the relationship, 3S is heartbreak or possibly a split which brings 7S into focus and I'm not sure how to interpret it. I wouldn't split the spread after you've pulled it but what I would do is pull a couple of clarifying cards for 7S and 3S to see if you can clarify what those cards relate to. There's possible problems around the pregnancy or the relationship or both, one might spark the other but I really don't know.

Xrysalida

I tend to agree with headincloud, the 7oS is also for someone or something that escapes, that runs away..and is ill to the 3 of pentacles, as these 2 elements are not friends, I would see it as problems to pregnancy and also maybe in the relationship with 2 of cups and 3 of swords, in both draws it makes me feel that there is a relationship that is braking.

empresslove

Thank you Xrysalida, You're right, 7ofS could imply that someone or something is escaping, the correlation makes sense and ties into the reading, that perhaps there's a problem with her pregnancy...

Regarding the 2 of cups and 3 of swords, I'm going to do a short spread on their relationship b/c of these cards.

I tend to agree with headincloud, the 7oS is also for someone or something that escapes, that runs away..and is ill to the 3 of pentacles, as these 2 elements are not friends, I would see it as problems to pregnancy and also maybe in the relationship with 2 of cups and 3 of swords, in both draws it makes me feel that there is a relationship that is braking.