Relationship status Hermit

mysticangel_001

If the Hermit comes up as the card for the status of a relationship would that mean that the parties involved are spending time alone and reflecting on the relationship, trying to determine where they want to go with it?

Grizabella

I think if that card came up for the status of a relationship, it might mean to me that the couple would like to be very private about its condition and standing. The couple would feel that they don't want anyone else prying into their private matters.

mysticangel_001

Hmmm, not sure if that works, since it's the male partner in the relationship asking what the status is? I guess it could mean that SHE wants to keep her feelings about the relationship private.

Thank you Grizabelle

Grizabella

Yes, that works, too. It just says to me that there's a lot of reticence in the relationship. But you never know----even if he's talking a lot to you about it, he may still be keeping the real, important issues to himself about the relationship. He wants to know what's going on with her, but that doesn't mean he's willing to share openly, either.

mysticangel_001

Very true...that makes sense...tell me what she is thinking but I'm keeping my real thoughts to myself...thank you again

no_moon

Usually indicates a period where feelings are present but unspoken. Other cards in the reading would help reflect whether they are actually putting some physical distance to think about the relationship, or whether they're still talking but it's a mental distance, I think.

mysticangel_001

Physically they live about 18 hours away from each other. Whether or not they're talking I'm not sure, he didn't say, he just asked what the staus of their relationship was and I pulled the one card.

re-pete-a

Self selected period of aloneness, re evulating the situation, having gained some inner wisdom. A necessary time alone to reach a decision. Also a time for self reflection.
Out grown the current situation. Formulating a new viewpoint .
A personal growth period.

Rob

Well, to give another possible angle to the situation, the Hermit is associated with Virgo, which is a card of work, strong attention to detail, and even criticism/self-criticism. It's possible that one or both parties are quite busy with the throes of everyday life and job, and that that's keeping them isolated. It's also possible that one or both of them is critical of the other (or themselves) in how they're approaching the relationship. Perhaps to grow together, one or both of them need to relax and open up dialogue about the direction of the relationship.

The Hermit is also associated with Hebrew letter Yod, though, and yod can be taken to represent the highest levels of consciousness. This tells me that these two people have a strong connection that transcends the physical world, and that even when they are busy with their own lives or even intentionally focusing away from each other, they still feel connected. The numerical value of yod is 10, which could bring the Wheel of Fortune into the picture. Perhaps circumstances in one or both of their lives are forcing them to remain in their own worlds right now, but on the flip side, those circumstances may lift soon and bring them together more strongly. Ten reduces to 1, though, reminding him that ultimately the power to guide the future of this relationship is within him.

And if all of that isn't "pushing it" enough, the Hermit holds in front of him a light. What else has a light in front that guides its way through dark to reach ultimate goals? Every mode of transportation. Maybe he needs to emerge from his hermitage and go see her.

Just some thoughts!

mysticangel_001

LOL...wow! Thank you, that was very impressive.

Strategeus said:
Well, to give another possible angle to the situation, the Hermit is associated with Virgo, which is a card of work, strong attention to detail, and even criticism/self-criticism. It's possible that one or both parties are quite busy with the throes of everyday life and job, and that that's keeping them isolated. It's also possible that one or both of them is critical of the other (or themselves) in how they're approaching the relationship. Perhaps to grow together, one or both of them need to relax and open up dialogue about the direction of the relationship.

The Hermit is also associated with Hebrew letter Yod, though, and yod can be taken to represent the highest levels of consciousness. This tells me that these two people have a strong connection that transcends the physical world, and that even when they are busy with their own lives or even intentionally focusing away from each other, they still feel connected. The numerical value of yod is 10, which could bring the Wheel of Fortune into the picture. Perhaps circumstances in one or both of their lives are forcing them to remain in their own worlds right now, but on the flip side, those circumstances may lift soon and bring them together more strongly. Ten reduces to 1, though, reminding him that ultimately the power to guide the future of this relationship is within him.

And if all of that isn't "pushing it" enough, the Hermit holds in front of him a light. What else has a light in front that guides its way through dark to reach ultimate goals? Every mode of transportation. Maybe he needs to emerge from his hermitage and go see her.

Just some thoughts!