Reverse or not to Reverse?

kittenann

I have a deck called the Celtic Dragon deck. The creator did not include reversal meanings, and stated in the book which came with the deck that they should not be used for these cards....... but I've recently gotten into the habit of using reversals and I'm not sure that I like the idea of going all upright again. Should I use them anyway or just stick with all upright understanding of the cards since this is what the maker of the deck intended for it?

Kittaine

Sure! Use reversals to your heart's content! :D If it's what you're used to, then ignore the author! :D

I personally use all upright and it works for me! Just do whatever works for you! :D

Rachey

I agree do what works best for you :)

Emeraldgirl

If reversals feel right for you then use them. If not don't. Some people do and some people don't. here's not right or wrong for it. A few books don't have any reversals in them I still use revsals in my readings with the decks for theose books and so far I haven't had any problems.

Fairawen

I agree with all above. I'm not a reversal person myself, but I say... if you can understand them and want to use them... then go for it! Whether he says to or not! Be rebelious. :p

~Fairawen~

jentayu

I also agree with all of the above.... Just follow your heart :)

Zephyros

Yes, it is all a matter of preference. Myself, I never use reversals. I just don't "get" them. I would like to, though. Maybe I'll get around to it one day.

SunriseDesire

reversals

I am glad someone asked this question. what i need to know is....must reversals be used or not? i see we are already discussing this....and here is why i am asking: i am reading a book that says that they are necessary in the fact that if a card lands reversed you are to read it that way....which means u must know reversals. arghhh. help!!

Sulis

SunriseDesire said:
I am glad someone asked this question. what i need to know is....must reversals be used or not? i see we are already discussing this....and here is why i am asking: i am reading a book that says that they are necessary in the fact that if a card lands reversed you are to read it that way....which means u must know reversals. arghhh. help!!

Hi SunriseDesire,

Reversals have been discussed and discussed on these forums.

Take a look at the Using Tarot Cards forum front page. You'll find a 'note thread' at the top of the page by Firemaiden titled 'How to read - links to all questions about reading'. Click on that link then scroll down a bit - you'll find loads of information about reading reversals there.
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=15119

Love

Sulis xx

cormac

i don't use reversals -- a very good reader told me when i was beginning that he thought they were unnecessary because if the tarot is going to tell you something, it will tell you -- just my two cents :)