Reversed King of Cups + Reversed 5 of Pents

StormyPika

Greetings!

I was doing a Celtic Cross spread last night, and all of it made perfect sense up until the last two cards.

The situation I was asking about is thus: I've got two friends who are in the process of having a falling out, and I've got a fairly strong suspicion that a third party is intentionally stirring the pot by lying to one of them about the other. I have no hard evidence, but I've got a ton of fishy coincidences, a strong gut instinct, and the third party in question is known to be extremely vindictive and has a clear and open grudge against the friend I suspect her of lying about. I did a "what the heck should I do here?!" spread, and....

Position 9 (Hopes and Fears) = King of Cups inverted
Position 10 (Final Outcome) = 5 of Pentacles inverted

Both of these cards in the inverted position have sooooo many different (and conflicting!) meanings, and since this is such a delicate situation, I don't want to misinterpret.

Inverted King of Cups - This is super tricky, since one of my two friends (the one I suspect is being lied to) normally shows up as the King of Cups in my readings, so I'm not even sure if the King here is meant to represent this friend, or is showing up in a metaphorical sense of the word and not meant to represent a person at all. On the one hand, I figured that if the King in this case were meant to represent a *person*, he wouldn't be showing up in the "inner hopes and fears" spot, but usually IME when that particular King shows up in a spread about this particular friend, it means him. So IDK if it's saying I'm worried my friend is being knocked off balance and taken for a ride, or if I'm worried that *I'm* being emotionally dishonest by either coming forward (in which case I risk accusing a potentially innocent person of lying\manipulation) or not coming forward (in which case I possibly have the potential to prevent a friendship, but fail to do so because of my own fears), or something else entirely.

Inverted 5 of Pentacles - I have no idea how to interpret this card at all. Usually I use the surrounding cards to help me out with ambiguous or multiple-meaning cards, but since I've got no clue what to make of the card it hinges on, I don't have any context for interpreting this one! I've searched all over the net for different inverted 5P meanings, and I've found everything from "the inverted 5 of Pentacles is just like the upright version, but it means the situation is even bleaker and more hopeless than you originally thought" to "the inverted 5 of Pentacles means that things are beginning to look up and there's a light at the end of the tunnel" - These are two extremely different meanings! Personally, I tend to interpret inverted cards to mean that the energy of that card is present but either blocked\wonky\off-kilter somehow or manifesting itself in a negative or destructive way, but that still doesn't help in this case.

I am just at a total loss here. The interpretation I'm most inclined to go with is that if I face my emotional fears (King of Cups inverted) and honestly share my concerns with my friends, then their friendship can be salvaged (Five of Pentacles inverted), but there's just too much potential ambiguity in each of these inverted cards - let alone both of them combined! - for me to be remotely sure. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Intotouch

What popped into my head when I saw these cards in your post was this:
King of Cups: controlling, manipulating emotions, guarded and angry
five of pentacles reversed: no longer feeling like victims, feeling empowered, light, released