Reversed Spread #1: 3card

bec

Right, so you?re now getting the hang of reading the reversals.

It?s now time to use them in readings.

If you don?t wanna physically turn your cards upsidedown in your deck, then here?s some samples for you to feast on.

The spread is the PPF,
past, present, future

Samples:

1:
#1 - 6 of pentacles reversed
#2 - 9 of pentacles reversed
#3 - 4 of pentacles upright

2:
#1 - 9 of wands upright
#2 - 6 of cups upright
#3 - 3 of pentacles reversed

3:
#1 - Ace of Wands reversed
#2 - Queen of pentacles upright
#3 - 4 of cups upright

These 3 samples is drawn at random from my waite deck asking to give just that - sample readings for reversal practise.

You are free do choose any "querent" you want, and making this concern whatever you want.

If you choose to make your own draws on a real querent, keep in mind that you might have to do several tries before actually getting some reversed cards to deal with ;D

Kaz

6 of Penatcles ?
9 of Pentacles ?
4 of Pentacles

You thought you had plenty and handed out your richness, the scale tipped over so you found everybody grabbing it instead of waiting for you to give freely what you could miss.
This is threatening your secure position, so if you don't put a hold on it and keep misjudging this situation,
you will end up like a miser, holding on to what you have left and with a suspicious, mistrusting attitude towards other people.

Kaz

bec

Never thourght of 6 of pentacles r. as others taking without asking. Good point.

I tend to read it as being drained energetic - that you just can?t say no to people, with the high risk of being the one who needs help in the long run. Experiencing in present that you have so many friends as long as you say yes all the time - but once you learn that you shouldn?t hand out more than you can spare, you could find your self with out the same friends that use to be there - making you feel like the old scrooge when what you really just are doing is to hold on to what you got.

Psykologic on it?s highest :) People who tend to always be there for others - helping them asking for nothing in return - could be just like that cause of fear of ending all to them self.

These 3 pentacles could also be telling about a abusive relationship. One keeps giving, gets nothing in return, feels tared and shattered all over, can?t find time for her/him self - afraid of being obandend - left out side.
Not forgetting the PPF, this means that they escaped, all by them self all right, but they are sticking to what?s theirs, including pride and dignity.

Anywhoo just my 2-krone
Great thourght Kaz

Kaz

Energetic drainage, good point, that's what I never had thought off.
Great doing those spreads, we all get some new points of view on cards.
I like this :), I will post the others as well this weekend I hope.

Kaz

Thirteen

Random 3, still from the Greenwood deck (I haven't been using this deck, but I think I will now--in part because it's great for reversals--which is ironic as I don't think I'm suppose to use reversals with this deck....)

Justice (A stag-headed god, standing before a green, tangled tree, with a club and sheild featuring an upright, leafy tree):

You've been asked to make an objective and fair decision, but you're finding this impossible. People are calling in favors, threatening you, pressuring you. Outside influences and opinions are making a tangle of it all, and you are on the defensive.

Ten of Cups (Lovely pic of waterfalls running down into ten cups):

This, in turn, is sapping the joy right out of your private life. Your entire family, your friends, are being sucked dry, not by you, but by this circumstances.

Six of wands (six wands surrounded by fruit, berries and leaves). What's intersting about this card is it looks about the same upside down as it does right side up. So:

The only way solution is to turn in, lock the doors, and rely on your own resources. You have plenty of food to withstand the siedge. But you must shut out all outside bribes, opinions, calls, threats. Draw family and friend in with you, trust yourself, and you will succeed.

How's that bec?

bec

Thirteen,

"You've been asked to make an objective and fair decision, but you're finding this impossible. People are calling in favors, threatening you, pressuring you. Outside influences and opinions are making a tangle of it all, and you are on the defensive.

This, in turn, is sapping the joy right out of your private life. Your entire family, your friends, are being sucked dry, not by you, but by this circumstances.

The only way solution is to turn in, lock the doors, and rely on your own resources. You have plenty of food to withstand the siedge. But you must shut out all outside bribes, opinions, calls, threats. Draw family and friend in with you, trust yourself, and you will succeed"

I like it. This is about making an objective and fair decesion, so other parties involved obviously can?t do it themselves.

I take it you have read all 3 cards as reversals ?

Cause if you did, this gives yet another twist to the reading. ;)

Not only is the obstacles and draining createt by others, but also by querent himself, cause this is a situation unfamiliar to him hence it?s all up side down. So maybe he?s not used to be the judge of others quarrels, or he?s to close to stay objective. This could actually mean that the decisions that has to made is with in family and therefor your last card - 6W - would be about distancing you from family and friends in order to stay objective. Cut of emotions and heart, and put everything on scale. (sort of like the chariot)

Using a deck with intensional reversed cards, you view the spread - 50/50 is fairly familar, everything less (reversed cards contra uprights) is familiar and everything above is unfamiliar in some level.

See I viewed my calendar spread as 8 out 12 is reversed, so this situation is highly unfamiliar to querent hence the roads he?s gonna travel this year are all new to him. He has no forehand experience to fall back on in order to find out how to go bout it.

And of course if you also have loads of majors in there - this indicates a major change with no past experience - a totally new call.

See ?

Kaz

9 of Wands
6 of Cups
3 of Pentacles ?

The remainders of past fought battles are still visible behind you and you are ready to take on the next.
Although those battles left you with scars you still look back on them as being roses without thorns. That ofcourse is a too bright outlook on it.
If you can't see your past within perspective it will affect your projects negatively now and in the future, because you will trip over the same stone again and again until you finally learn.

Kaz

bec

Kaz,

again an interesting twist I wouldn?t have thourght of my self :)

I was going more in line of it being time to break down your inner limitations to meet the world, reflecting on the past as being to hard a struggle, giving to many bruses, so there for he has been hiding behind walls. The out come of this would most likely not be very productive, it?s hard to build a future on broken memories behind limitations set up by your self.

I truly like this, lots of new inputs here.
Please any others have suggestions ?

Thirteen

Quote:bec (06 Jan, 2002 19:25):
I take it you have read all 3 cards as reversals ?

Yes indeed!

Quote:
Not only is the obstacles and draining createt by others, but also by querent himself, cause this is a situation unfamiliar to him hence it?s all up side down. So maybe he?s not used to be the judge of others quarrels, or he?s to close to stay objective. This could actually mean that the decisions that has to made is with in family

Yes! I read it that way, too, especially with the 10 of cups there. The Querent would have to be a Judge or Lawyer for me to think otherwise. I'd definately read it as a family quarrel, and given the 6 of wands, I'd probably say it was a quarrel about an inheritance with the querent as the one who gets to decide how it's going to be distributed.

Quote:- 6W - would be about distancing you from family and friends in order to stay objective. Cut of emotions and heart, and put everything on scale. (sort of like the chariot)

I'm not sure. The card is very warm and abundant in color and images, and it really does look the same upside-down as right-side up. The 6 wands point inward at a fire, like the spokes of a wheel, and fruit surround the circle they create. This suggests to me a "circling-of-the-wagons" rather than that chariot feel of armoring up and barreling through on your own.

Although being a family quarrel makes the 10 cups very clear--the quarrel is draining all the love, happiness and family feeling out of the family. Perhaps the 6 of wands suggests that the querent, as you say, must just stand at the center, stop hesitating, stop listening to the arguments, and just start handing out the goods (fruit) as he sees fit, letting the family sort out their differences from there.

Quote:And of course if you also have loads of majors in there - this indicates a major change with no past experience - a totally new call.

See ?

Bows, Kung-Fu style. Ah, yes, now I see! ;)

Kaz

Quote:I was going more in line of it being time to break down your inner limitations to meet the world, reflecting on the past as being to hard a struggle, giving to many bruses, so there for he has been hiding behind walls. The out come of this would most likely not be very productive, it?s hard to build a future on broken memories behind limitations set up by your self.

And again your take on it was something I wouldn't have thought off, makes you wonder how valid a reading is, two very different interpretations from the same cards.......

Kaz