Rider Waite name that thingy (more symbolism hehe)

lunar_rabbit

I have the Universal Waite, and in this deck it is very clearly wind swept trees on a little tiny rocky island. There are 3 trees. The one on the right is very small, has very few branches, and isnearest to the water. The middle tree has sort of a flat tree top that extents to the left and the right. The tallest tree on the left, has all of it's branches blowing to the right.

Judging by the Page's hair, it is supposed to pretty windy in that card!

Trogon

Liliana said:
This ones for the Page of swords. In the bottom left corner in the background theres a black "thingy", looks kind of like a lighthouse with smoke coming out to me, what is it and what does it represent?

Okay... a little late on this one too... (hey, it hasn't quite been a year... :rolleyes: ).

I've always taken these to be trees. From the Glossary of Symbols at the back of "The Mystical Tarot" by Rosemary Ellen Guiley;

"Tree. The inexhaustible life of the cosmos, the center of the world and universe. The tree links the three spheres of all creation: it's branches reach into heaven, it's trunk represents the earth, it's roots reach into the underworld. As the provider of shelter and the home of various creatures, the tree also can symbolize Goddess or Mother Natured. From a Christian perspective, the tree also represents the Cross of Redemption."

Vetch

I found this thread at the bottom of the board and I bump it up to the top just because I feel the strong urge to mention that when I click on the link to the Page of Sword card I get "Page not found". Harhar!

And yea, those are trees torn by the wind.

Mods have mercy on me...

earth starr

Just reading through another thread about the pages representing the seasons, the page of swords representing Autumn/acorns. link for this thread below

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=26595
post #18 by rainstarhorizon

When i first viewed this thread asking about the trees my first thought was that they resembled an oak varient that has a flat top.

Could this be some reason as to why the trees have been drawn in the page of swords along with the wind so as to interpret Autumn?

just a thought x

earth starr

sorry misread!

Page of swords represent winter/acorns,

note to self, dont sit up late on the pute :),

my thought still the same though,

Could this be some reason as to why the trees have been drawn in the page of swords along with the wind so as to interpret Winter? :)

ana luisa

Trees, definetely. The funny thing is, both the trees and his hair are moving to the right while the clouds seem to be moving to the left as well as the birds. Makes you think that he is driving against the curent because it´s his persistent and "stubborn" nature (tree that stands against inclement weather ). I overdid it, I guess...

Vetch

Now that you mention it...
The composition of that picture is indeed no linear movement (wind from l to r --->)
but rather a spiral, or a circle.
___<---
______^
---->/
(Um... sumpfin like this...)
I think it's because, as s/o has said before, the pages are not underway yet; they're still at home, learning. So we have this strong winds on that card, the airy energy and agitation, but no moving on.