Fortuna

Qwaychou and Tanga's Thread

--

Schedule:
March 24 (Thursday): Complete readings
March 31 (Thursday): Complete feedbacks

--

March's Suggested Spread:

We all have anxieties, and there are times when they can get the best of us. March's spread is by RealRamona, and she crafted it to gain clarification on how to improve our reaction to things during anxiety. Please follow this link to view the original post for more details on this spread.

For ROC March 2016, we will modify the spread slightly by using the questions as a proactive exercise for handling anxiety when it affects us.

Helping With Anxiety Spread by RealRamona

xxx 1 xxxx 2 xxxx 3 xxx

1) What can I do more of - what thoughts or actions could I amplify to help myself?
2) What could I do less of - what isn't helping me or is making things worse?
3) What could I try out - what new element could I add to my handling of the situation?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Important Notes:
1. If you would like to do a different spread, please keep it to 3-5 cards, and clear this with your partner beforehand.
2. Readers have final choice of the oracle deck used, but can allow sitter to choose.
3. For partners doing the Intuitive Option: After the oracle reading, please provide your intuitive impressions within the write-up or after in its own section.
4. Please stay in communication with your partner, and PM when you have posted your reading, feedback, or if you are experiencing scheduling issues. Please do not wait until the last minute to post readings and feedbacks.
5. Have fun and let's ROC!

--

Please PM Fortuna for questions or issues.

qwaychou

Hi Tanga! I am so excited. I've never done this before.

If it's ok, since it's the only deck I know, I will be using the same deck as you, The faerie oracle by Brian Froud.

Tanga

Great! Well - I'll have you know, I do full Oracle readings very rarely and usually only for myself so I'll be muddling along :) (It's mostly 1 card draws for bonus information or for a moment of personal insight).
I joined this reading circle so that I could practice using my intuitive side more - and my oracle decks more too (also a member of the the tarot Ituitive Study Group here).

I'm looking forward to talking to the Fae! ;)

qwaychou

Yay, this will be great. What do we do now?

Tanga

Yay, this will be great. What do we do now?

Shuffle your cards thinking of me, spread 3 cards, and read them according to the
"Helping with Anxiety" spread guidelines posted by Fortuna here.
Then Post your reading for me here.

I will do the same.
It's likely I won't post yours until around the 21st as my week ahead from this weekend, is ridiculously busy. (my fault for agreeing to cover for someone - aargh!).
We then read each other's interpretations and post feedback on them here.

Deadlines for readings and feedback:
March 24 (Thursday): Complete readings
March 31 (Thursday): Complete feedbacks
If you're having trouble meeting the deadline - please say so.
If I hear and see nothing on the deadline, I'll likely complain to Fortuna, who will then politely chase you on why you haven't answered. And you do the same with me.

:) :)

Tanga

ROC March 2016 Reading for Qwaychou

WELL! - I didn't go to my therapy meeting today. So - I've done your reading instead qwaychou
:)

Helping With Anxiety Spread
xxx 1 xxxx 2 xxxx 3 xxx

1) What can I do more of - what thoughts or actions could I amplify to help myself?
2) What could I do less of - what isn't helping me or is making things worse?
3) What could I try out - what new element could I add to my handling of the situation?

YOUR CARDS (no photo as I know you have the deck):
1) The Pook (60) - Master of the paradox
2) Death reversed (53) - Release and liberation
3) Ekstasis (2) - Joy (The sound of the Universe -Ohm!)

THE INTERPRETATION:
1) What can you do more of?
Cultivate the habit of looking at both sides of the coin - or the pros and cons in situations that make you anxious. Try to detach yourself from what has happened - and what you make that mean, as they are two different things. E.g. X says Y and you conclude this means X is thinking Z. However it could just be that X stated a fact, or may have been thinking something completely different.

"Nothing is good or bad, but thinking makes it so" - Shakespeare.
This is the saying that comes to mind. We all have a running conversation going on in our heads, about the meaning and importance of everything that we do or goes on, and often forget that there may actually be no meaning attached. Things just happen (or as they say "shit just happens" - excuse the French :) ).

2) What can you do less of?
Let go of outmoded ideas that no longer serve you. Release them with love. Move on even if it seems alien to you.
Accept change (which is inevitable and always happening) and look towards what new things you can learn and grow from in new experience or different situations (i.e. stop crying over the spilt milk. :) - something I always try to remind myself of ;) ).

"As I breathe in, I breathe in Truth/Peace
As I breathe out, I breathe out not-Truth/Stress"
(Peace and Stress is a meditation I use often myself. Truth and not-Truth are from the Faeries' Oracle book).

3) What could you try out?
Remember that you are a piece of the Universe - a piece of the Divine/Divine plan.
And therefore, your possibilities can be limitless.
Come from a place of "going with the flow" or "trusting that things will work out". The Divine in you wishes to shine!

As they say (or more precisely - Marianne Williamson said. This is shortened and somewhat paraphrased.)

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. It is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness - that frightens us most. ... We are born to manifest the glory that is within us! ...and as we shine, we give other people permission to do the same".

:heart:
Hope this is of some use - or at least of interest.

qwaychou

WELL! - I didn't go to my therapy meeting today. So - I've done your reading instead qwaychou

YOUR CARDS (no photo as I know you have the deck):
1) The Pook (60) - Master of the paradox
2) Death reversed (53) - Release and liberation
3) Ekstasis (2) - Joy (The sound of the Universe -Ohm!)

THE INTERPRETATION:
1) What cad you do more of?
Cultivate the habit of looking at both sides of the coin - or the pros and cons in situations that make you anxious. Try to detach yourself from what has happened - and what you make that mean, as they are two different things. E.g. X says Y and you conclude this means X is thinking Z. However it could just be that X stated a fact, or may have been thinking something completely different.

"Nothing is good or bad, but thinking makes it so" - Shakespeare.
This is the saying that comes to mind. We all have a running conversation going on in our heads, about the meaning and importance of everything that we do or goes on, and often forget that there may actually be no meaning attached. Things just happen (or as they say "shit just happens" - excuse the French :) ).

2) What can you do less of?
Let go of outmoded ideas that no longer serve you. Release them with love. Move on even if it seems alien to you.
Accept change (which is inevitable and always happening) and look towards what new things you can learn and grow from in new experience or different situations (i.e. stop crying over the spilt milk. :) - something I always try to remind myself of ;) ).

"As I breathe in, I breathe in Truth/Peace
As I breathe out, I breathe out not-Truth/Stress"
(Peace and Stress is a meditation I use often myself. Truth and not-Truth are from the Faeries' Oracle book).

3) What could you try out?
Remember that you are a piece of the Universe - a piece of the Divine/Divine plan.
And therefore, your possibilities can be limitless.
Come from a place of "going with the flow" or "trusting that things will work out". The Divine in you wishes to shine!

As they say (or more precisely - Marianne Williamson said. This is shortened and somewhat paraphrased.)

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. It is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness - that frightens us most. ... We are born to manifest the glory that is within us! ...and as we shine, we give other people permission to do the same".

:heart:
Hope this is of some use - or at least of interest.

Wow, so indepth, Tanga, thank you so much. I Have my cards here and will be doing yoru reading as soon as I do this feedback. Please, remember I am a beginner.

1. This is very spot on, I have a terrible time seeing any kind of good in a "bad"(as I see it) situation. I tend to panic and stress.

2. so true and so difficult. I have many habits that cause me anxiety and yet, I cling to them as if it was my mother. (clinging to my mother is a whole other story)

3. This one I have such a hard time with, you are very good with these readings, Tanga. I often doubt my own abilities and remember only the one bad thing someone said, not the thousand positive remarks I'd heard.

Thank you so very much for being a part of my first RoC, I can only hope that I can grow into a reader with a tenth of your ability.
Thank you again, Tanga.

qwaychou

Hi Tanga! I am so excited to do this reading for you!

xxx 1 xxxx 2 xxxx 3 xxx
Here are your cards:
1. Death- change, transformation
2. The Rarr, unrestricted potential
3.The Faun- The nature of nature

1) What can I do more of - what thoughts or actions could I amplify to help myself? Time to liberate yourself from something holding you back, that thing has reached it's end, it's a natural part of life's changes, for things to come and things to GO. Now would be a good tiem to let go of outmoded people/places/things that do not serve you.

2) What could I do less of - what isn't helping me or is making things worse? This may be a time to be calm, quiet the wild tangents in your mind, they do not serve you. This restless, boundless energy can be better put to use doing something creative, or energetic, like walking, biking or swimming.

Try going outside, bundle up if its still cold where you are, and revel in nature. Nature has no anxiety, it just is, everything comes and goes with it's own time, not rushed, not harried, just naturally timeless.

I'm sorry this isn't as long or as good as yours was, but I hope it helped you in some way.

Tanga

...Thank you so very much for being a part of my first RoC, I can only hope that I can grow into a reader with a tenth of your ability.
Thank you again, Tanga.

Flattery... will get you everywhere! :joke: :joke: :joke:

Hi Tanga! I am so excited to do this reading for you!

xxx 1 xxxx 2 xxxx 3 xxx
Here are your cards:
1. Death- change, transformation
2. The Rarr, unrestricted potential
3.The Faun- The nature of nature

1) What can I do more of - what thoughts or actions could I amplify to help myself? Time to liberate yourself from something holding you back, that thing has reached it's end, it's a natural part of life's changes, for things to come and things to GO. Now would be a good tiem to let go of outmoded people/places/things that do not serve you.

2) What could I do less of - what isn't helping me or is making things worse? This may be a time to be calm, quiet the wild tangents in your mind, they do not serve you. This restless, boundless energy can be better put to use doing something creative, or energetic, like walking, biking or swimming.

Try going outside, bundle up if its still cold where you are, and revel in nature. Nature has no anxiety, it just is, everything comes and goes with it's own time, not rushed, not harried, just naturally timeless.

I'm sorry this isn't as long or as good as yours was, but I hope it helped you in some way.

** You forgot to number the cards, which would have made it quicker for me to find them on my side. :)

1) Letting go. Oh yes! I am in process of some substantial changes and letting go of "old things". I've changed my Wing Tsun club (reluctant, but necessary), I'm revising some of my work practices and plans, and after a million months of couples counselling looks like my partner and I may be moving forward...
Fingers crossed!

2) Walking, biking and swimming - no. But yes to the element of not getting carried away with doing everything, as I always want to do, like a Rarr!. This is a constant challenge for me and presently is at the forefront of my self health-management. As I've been suffering burnout and have not quite recovered yet.

3) Love connecting with nature.
But outdoors is always challenging these days, as I'm allergic to ultraviolet (Polymorphic light syndrome). But - I was toying with the idea of walking around to photograph the spring blooms on my estate... and haven't quite got there yet.
:)

Thank you very much.