ROC - Sept. - AnemoneRosie and Flames

Fortuna

AnemoneRosie and Flames' Thread

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Reading with Oracles Circle (ROC) - September 2015

Schedule:
Please complete all readings and feedbacks by September 27 (Sunday).

This month, we are going back to some of the basics. (View the Notification for the example.)

1. We are going to use three cards to form a sentence as the answer to the query's question.

SUBJECT + VERB + OBJECT

SUBJECT - person, place, or thing
VERB - action or state of being
OBJECT - goal, what's affected, what's changed, or the recipient

2. To expand on the sentence on #1, you will be practicing looking at the card image of each card to help you interpret the cards. You could also practice using your intuition here.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Important Notes:
1. If you would like to do a different spread, please keep it to 3-5 cards, and clear this with your partner beforehand.
2. Readers have final choice of the oracle deck used, but can allow sitter to choose.
3. For partners doing the Intuitive Option: After the oracle reading, please provide your intuitive impressions within the write-up or after in its own section.
4. Have fun and let's ROC!

AnemoneRosie

Hi Flames.
How do you feel about this spread? I like it.
Also, were you planning on doing the intuitive option?

And do you have any deck preferences?

Flames

AnemoneRosie!! Please forgive me!! I missed this! I totally missed this! I would have responded sooner. So sorry for getting back to you so late...

Yes, I love the spread and am glad you do, as well. I will be doing the intuitive option. :)

No deck preferences. Whatever pulls you is fine with me.

Let me know if you have a deck preference. I don't own too many oracles so I was thinking of using the Spirit Oracle. But, I could use The Wisdom of Avalon or Oracle of the Goddess. Let me know what you think.

Thanks so much for your patience. And again, sorry for not seeing this sooner!

Bye for now,
Flames

Flames

Oh, I meant to ask...Do you have a specific question or an area you'd like me to focus on for your reading?

My question - What can I do to overcome my present feeling of ennui?

AnemoneRosie

It's okay!
Go with whatever deck you like.

I don't think that I have a question? I have a theme of endings and beginnings going on right now, but I don't seem to have questions about it. It's just what's going on. So maybe, how can I ensure that I honour these experiences?

Flames

Hi!
Okay, sounds good.
:)

Thanks.

AnemoneRosie

Hello Flames,
thank you for sitting with me! Here is your reading.

Deck: Earth Magic Oracle

Spread:

Intuitive Option: To expand on the sentence on #1, you will be practicing looking at the card image of each card to help you interpret the cards. You could also practice using your intuition here.

You have asked: What can I do to overcome my present feeling of ennui?

You drew:
Subject - Mountain (strength)
Verb - Tree (grounding)
Object - Wolf (instinct)

The cards want to remind you that you have the strength required to make the changes that you need to see in order to overcome your ennui. While the cards know that it’s not so easy they want you to know that not only is it possible but it’s within your grasp as well. The key for you to overcome will be to regain a sense of balance in your life. You have a lot of Earth, Air, and Water in your life, but your Fire (your passion and spark) has gotten dulled which is a key contributor to the malaise. The mountain encourages you to try to get out of the earth a little bit and to reach toward the sun. Find your spark - even if it’s by doing very small activities that energize you for 5 minutes at a time. If you can get the energy flowing for five minutes on a regular basis then you will soon find yourself pushing it toward ten, and onward.

The grounding tree is a very good thing on the whole and often people struggle with not enough of it in their life. However, you’ve got the opposite problem going on at present. You’re so enmeshed with the grounding tree that you’ve lost sight of the sun. Your challenge is to try to rediscover it. This may mean that you go for a walk at noon rather than the evening. Or less literally it may mean that you need to push yourself to focus on something that inspires you.

Your aim with this will be to follow your instinct. Ask yourself if there is anything that really inspires you, pushes you, drives you, or challenges you; listen to your heart and your intuition for the answer. That inner guidance will be the key instrument that you need to overcome your present sense of ennui.

Interestingly the background for Wolf is very similar to the image for Mountain. The trees are quite similar, the water flows in the same direction, and the clouds hug the mountain in similar ways. And yet there are very significant differences as well. The key here is that as you make the changes that you need to see that you keep true to yourself. After all, you are still you! You may be making forward movement but you will have more success if you honour your own unique aspects and listen to your own inner voice rather than garnering too much from others.

Something that really seems to help is to write your ideas, goals, and the suggestions from this reading onto a piece of poster paper where you can see it regularly. You can ask your dreams, a higher conscious, or the collective unconscious for guidance. Open yourself to signs around you of this wisdom being shared. Revisit this poster regularly to help you to re-establish where you're at and where you want to be.

I hope this reading has helped you and has provided the insight you need. Is there anything else that I need to explore here? Can I clarify anything to help you find the answers that you need? If you have any questions or require clarification about any of the cards drawn here please feel free to post!

A picture of your spread can be found here: http://imgur.com/DAr8E9g

Flames

Feedback for AnemoneRosie

Hello Flames,
thank you for sitting with me! Here is your reading.

Deck: Earth Magic Oracle

Spread:

Intuitive Option: To expand on the sentence on #1, you will be practicing looking at the card image of each card to help you interpret the cards. You could also practice using your intuition here.

You have asked: What can I do to overcome my present feeling of ennui?

You drew:
Subject - Mountain (strength)
Verb - Tree (grounding)
Object - Wolf (instinct)

I'm no stranger to the images of these cards! And I have a story to tell you about the Wolf...

The cards want to remind you that you have the strength required to make the changes that you need to see in order to overcome your ennui. While the cards know that it’s not so easy they want you to know that not only is it possible but it’s within your grasp as well. The key for you to overcome will be to regain a sense of balance in your life. You have a lot of Earth, Air, and Water in your life, but your Fire (your passion and spark) has gotten dulled which is a key contributor to the malaise. The mountain encourages you to try to get out of the earth a little bit and to reach toward the sun. Find your spark - even if it’s by doing very small activities that energize you for 5 minutes at a time. If you can get the energy flowing for five minutes on a regular basis then you will soon find yourself pushing it toward ten, and onward.

You are spot on! I have been feeling for a good long while that I'm lacking fire in my life. I took a break from the reading circle exchange for about 6 months and decided to reengage and what I recall from those past readings was how I was encouraged to stay grounded - to go out in Nature and find a park & trees to surround myself with. At that time, I truly longed for that. Now, I feel like the pendulum has swung the other way and I'm finding it hard to lift myself up from a kind of heaviness that's developed from having become 'too' rooted. It's so strange. I like the image of getting out and reaching up and out toward the sun as opposed to down and only feeling the earth beneath my feet. I'm always feeling like I'm waiting to be ignited or something. lol But the crux of the problem is truly feeling a lack of spark or desire for anything. It scares me sometimes. For a good long while, Tarot gave me a sense of excitement and perhaps, the novelty has run out which is a stupid thing to say. I thought I could find that passion in painting and drawing the way it used to in the past, but even here, I don't feel the pull. I know the one thing that perks my interest every time is...writing...stories & poetry. Writing! I think discipline is important, too, so I need to create a habit out of writing because it gives me what I need. We'll see. :) Thank you!

The grounding tree is a very good thing on the whole and often people struggle with not enough of it in their life. However, you’ve got the opposite problem going on at present. You’re so enmeshed with the grounding tree that you’ve lost sight of the sun. Your challenge is to try to rediscover it. This may mean that you go for a walk at noon rather than the evening. Or less literally it may mean that you need to push yourself to focus on something that inspires you.

Good advice. When I read your reading for me, I had an aha moment because I realized just how right you are about what you've written here and I don't think I would have been able to articulate this observation for myself. It's just so spot on. This is how it feels. I do love trees. ;) And now there's a restlessness that I don't know what to do with, which is kind of like a paradox - to have no real spark for anything and yet a growing energy that needs an outlet.

Your aim with this will be to follow your instinct. Ask yourself if there is anything that really inspires you, pushes you, drives you, or challenges you; listen to your heart and your intuition for the answer. That inner guidance will be the key instrument that you need to overcome your present sense of ennui.

After some brainstorming and looking within, I think I need to focus on writing more.

Interestingly the background for Wolf is very similar to the image for Mountain. The trees are quite similar, the water flows in the same direction, and the clouds hug the mountain in similar ways. And yet there are very significant differences as well. The key here is that as you make the changes that you need to see that you keep true to yourself. After all, you are still you! You may be making forward movement but you will have more success if you honour your own unique aspects and listen to your own inner voice rather than garnering too much from others.

These two cards are striking to me in their similarities, too. I had a dream some months back about a Wolf - a grey wolf. I posted the dream in Divination. At that time, I wasn't sure whether it represented a person in my life I needed to be cautious of or whether is was my animal totem. Looking back, I'd say it represented my instincts. That makes sense. I needed to learn to trust myself and not discount the voice which served to protect me. Either way, the Wolf, to me, was a symbol of power and freedom. Seeing him here in this spread, I find really comforting.

Something that really seems to help is to write your ideas, goals, and the suggestions from this reading onto a piece of poster paper where you can see it regularly. You can ask your dreams, a higher conscious, or the collective unconscious for guidance. Open yourself to signs around you of this wisdom being shared. Revisit this poster regularly to help you to re-establish where you're at and where you want to be.

How interesting. Great advice!! I will do this...again. I start off with enthusiasm and momentum and then somehow drop the ball along the way. I think that's why I need to stick to what I write down by making them small goals and working my way down the page.

I hope this reading has helped you and has provided the insight you need. Is there anything else that I need to explore here? Can I clarify anything to help you find the answers that you need? If you have any questions or require clarification about any of the cards drawn here please feel free to post!

A picture of your spread can be found here: http://imgur.com/DAr8E9g

You did an amazing job! I feel that I received the message I was meant to hear. The reading resonated the moment I read it. Thank you so much for this and for posting a pic of the spread. I intend on posting your reading at some point tomorrow, just so you know. ;) Again, many thanks to you. Be Well.

AnemoneRosie

Thanks so much! I'm glad that you were able to gain so much insight and some proactive steps that you can take.
I'm glad that this reading was able to help you. I'm still relatively new to oracles having started reading them a few months ago.

Flames

Reading for AnemoneRosie

SPIRIT ORACLE

Question - How can I ensure that I honour these experiences (of endings and beginnings)?

Subject - person, place, or thing:
Responsibility

A woman looks straight ahead into the eyes of the reader. There are three burgundy stars behind her head and a white shining star on her forehead. There is also a faint star hanging from her neck. Her eyes are dark and appear to sparkle. Her hair is black and tied back. The colours that make up this card are very soothing and peaceful. She has a look in her eye which seems to suggest she's been through a lot or that something heavy has been weighing on her mind.

You are the kind of person who takes responsibility for her actions. Not many people do because while they think they are, they're often too busy concerned with other people's actions and why they did what they did or didn't do what they should have done. We learn through experience and over time that the only thing we have any real control over is our own behaviour. In other words, we have no control over how other people act.

There are times, we wish that others would see things our way. "If only they could understand what I see and see that I'm doing the right thing", goes the thinking. But, it really doesn't matter whether others think we're doing the right thing (though it would be nice and 'easier'). It only matters that we think we're doing the right thing and that we're operating from a place of authenticity. We can't please all parties involved. It's simply impossible. We have a responsibility only for our own life and others must take responsibility for themselves.

Verb - action or state of being:
Instinct

Hmmm, notice anything interesting? :) We both drew "Instinct", and here it is for you as a verb. I'm drawn to the expression on the woman's face and also the contrast in colour to the first. There are words written along the card towards the left. The colours that make up this card are yellow, gold and brown. There is a symbol of two crescent moons back to back with an arrow pointing down towards a bright red symbol representing her heart? A reddish pink light radiates from her chest. She wears a shawl around her tilted head with a symbol above her head as well as an unusual white symbol in the centre of her forehead.

Sometimes, in the process of making certain life decisions, we face moments of doubt. "Am I doing the right thing? Am I honouring myself?", are some of the questions we ask ourselves. This is what I see in the woman's expression. She's wondering whether she's done the 'right' thing and she's being reminded that as long as she follows her natural instincts, as long as she honours that voice inside and allows her intuition to guide her, she can trust the Universe to do the rest and that she is ALWAYS safe. There is also a bright white light which is perhaps pulsating around her head. Maybe she can't 'sense' it herself but it could symbolize this very idea - that the Universe has her back and all she needs to do is trust!

Object - goal, what's affected, what's changed, or the recipient:
Speak Your Truth

The figure in this card almost seems to blend in with the background. If it wasn't for the yellow in it and the black/purple colours used to outline her face, I imagine, you wouldn't be able to see her. But, we do see her. She seems sad, like she's been crying. There's a sparkle in her eye and a glowing star on her forehead. What a beautiful card! There's a yellow light around her which is more pronounced on the left side. The card is made up of pink and red. It's a very soothing image though there's sadness in it.

In this card, again, she may be worried about what others think. She's worried about the consequences of her actions. And the message seems to be saying, "It's your job to stand up for what you believe in, regardless of the consequences. It's your imperative to speak your truth no matter what others may think." We need to stand tall with our chin up. Have you tried this? Noting how you feel by comparing the sensations when looking down versus looking up? I find that the moment I look up towards the sky, my body immediately responds. It's hard to be 'negative' and as soon as I look down and stay down, my body responds and it's difficult to remain positive. My shoulders begin to hunch...Just thought I'd share that.

All three cards seem to carry a similar message and I'm struck how the figure in the first card is the only one looking straight ahead while the remaining two look down or to the side. It's as if the woman of the first card is learning how to combine the advice of both the second and third cards. She has taken responsibility for her life by listening to her instincts and speaking her truth. You said you've been experiencing a theme of endings and beginnings and you wanted to know how to honour these experiences. I believe these three cards tell you just that! ;) And I'll go so far as to say is that I think you're already living this advice, and perhaps, you simply needed a reminder that everything is exactly the way it's supposed to be until it isn't anymore. And, sometimes the decisions we make feel like burdens and we wonder why things had to be a certain way or why things had/have to be so hard. Why must there be sadness? But, that is the nature of endings and beginnings, sometimes, right? There are highs and lows and maybe a somewhat steady flow in the middle but it can't stay like that for good. So as long as we're remaining true to ourselves and doing the best we can, then we need to know that it IS more than enough and that life will see us through.

Thank you for letting me read for you. Hope this makes sense to you. I've very much enjoyed this exchange. Best, Flames.

Attachments

• AnemoneRosie.jpg
    AnemoneRosie.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 57