Rohrig Tarot Deck

Lupaloo

I use my Rohrig deck almost exclusively and have for years. Just discovered that it's out of print and while I'm not in a panic over that I think it's a good wake up call for me to look at other decks.

I love the Prince/Princess Knight/Queen arrangement and the similarity to Thoth. But Thoth just isn't as beautiful. Would love to hear recommendations from others who like Rohrig and know and/or use other similar decks.

Lupaloo

Thank you AJ! I found that thread after I posted. Still finding my way around here. :)

I would still love to hear about other decks that might work as well for me.

raventepes

As much as I hate to say it, I might very well retire my Rohrig and use it spareingly, which is a shame becasue it's among my favorite reading decks.

WolfSpirit

If you don't mind a Röhrig with titles in German, there are still plenty available of those in German stores :)

raventepes

Actually, I really wouldn't mind a German deck....

Jewel

Lupaloo, you might want to check out the Cosmic Tribe! It is also Thoth based, and very colorful. It is a fabulous deck, and since you like the Rhorig I doubt the nudity in the CT would be too troublesome for you (though I could be wrong). Unlike the Rhorig, this deck is not "sensual", the nudity is a design element not a sexual thing.

Jewel

WolfSpirit said:
If you don't mind a Röhrig with titles in German, there are still plenty available of those in German stores :)
I have actually always wanted to see the German edition of this deck. The one I have is the sensored one *LOL*.

Lupaloo

Jewel said:
Lupaloo, you might want to check out the Cosmic Tribe! It is also Thoth based, and very colorful. It is a fabulous deck, and since you like the Rhorig I doubt the nudity in the CT would be too troublesome for you (though I could be wrong). Unlike the Rhorig, this deck is not "sensual", the nudity is a design element not a sexual thing.

Thank you I'll check it out and you're right the nudity won't bother me at all.

raventepes

Jewel said:
I have actually always wanted to see the German edition of this deck. The one I have is the sensored one *LOL*.

That's exactly why I WANT the German edition ;)