Rosetta Tarot-The Star XVII

GoldenWolf

A nude female figure kneels with her right calf on the ground and her left leg bent, forming a swastika. She has two chalices-one gold (solar/male) and one blue (lunar/female). She's pouring the contents of them onto the sphere she kneels on as well as over the crown of her head. The substance that flows out of the cups looks like DNA matrices and end in two spirals that look like mini galaxies. A rose butterfly (active thought) floats near the crown of her head. There are patterns on her body that look like tattoos.

In the sky above her, there are a number of different geometric shapes or stars (eight in total or 1+7, or 17 the number of this arcana) depending on how you choose to view them as well as star shapes on her body. The latter three are all five pointed (the four senses plus spirit?) whereas the ones in the sky above have four, five, six, or seven points. All in all, there are eleven stars which the deck creator says is number sacred to Babalon. This fact shed some light for me on why Crowley switched the card order from the Golden Dawn system and made Lust (Babalon) eleven. In the guidebook, the deck creator also states that the seven pointed star is an emblem of Babalon and Nuit whom the Star portrays in manifestation.

There is also a waxing moon behind, a symbol of hope that is very appropriate to this card.

The Hebrew letter that's attributed to this card is He or window. This card is a window onto the night sky, hope, and new vision. I have to admit that the Star has been my favorite card since I got my first Tarot deck in junior high school. It wasn't until years later that I found out that it is my Hidden factor card in the system that Mary Greer published in Tarot Constellations.