Russian Deck Help?

dancing_moon

I wish I could help you, but I can't open the photos for some reason. :(

ETA: I did it! The deck is called something like 'The Kiev fortune-teller. Illustrated divination cards', and they look like normal playing cards (32 cards + a 'blank' card/significator) that have keywords printed on them. The instruction says that it was first published in a book printed in Moscow in 1878. Your deck seems to have been printed in Russia in 2000.

rwcarter

Is that a tarock deck? You didn't show any of the majors....

You can use Google Translate with a Russian keyboard on the screen to try to translate the titles on the cards and box.

tarotbear

I am sending a link for the box to a friend with Ukrainian heritage; perhaps he might be able to tell us ...

karen0205

You can use Google Translate with a Russian keyboard on the screen to try to translate the titles on the cards and box.

I love Google Translate. rwcarter, how do you get the different keyboards on the screen?

rwcarter

I love Google Translate. rwcarter, how do you get the different keyboards on the screen?

Select a language that uses non-English characters in the From dropdown menu and then you'll see a keyboard icon in the lower left part of the input screen.

Spencer

I wish I could help you, but I can't open the photos for some reason. :(

ETA: I did it! The deck is called something like 'The Kiev fortune-teller. Illustrated divination cards', and they look like normal playing cards (32 cards + a 'blank' card/significator) that have keywords printed on them. The instruction says that it was first published in a book printed in Moscow in 1878. Your deck seems to have been printed in Russia in 2000.

I am sending a link for the box to a friend with Ukrainian heritage; perhaps he might be able to tell us ...
Thank you both so much!

They're fortune telling cards...And now I suddenly realize that I should have posted this in Oracle Decks :eek: ...Knew I shouldn't have been posting at 2am... Sorry! :|
I didn't know that about Google Translate, thank you!

KristinCali

Ooooh those images look so pretty. Lucky! I would love to find an old foreign deck somewhere!