RWS University Books

Stark Raven

I'm thrilled to death that I won a bid the other day on a University Press version of the RWS. I got it for USD $53.00, shipping included. It has faint pen marks on 12 card backs, I feel I got a good deal, what thinkest thou?**Correction - $43.00, I just looked at the transaction and was shocked, lol...

rwcarter

Congrats! As long as you feel you got a good deal, that's all that matters. :)

Is this the regular box or the two part slipcase box?

Stark Raven

Congrats! As long as you feel you got a good deal, that's all that matters. :)

Is this the regular box or the two part slipcase box?

Thank you! I got the regular box, is there a significant difference between the two that you know of? Or perhaps a link where I can read about it that you know of?

Bhavana

I thinkest thou should feel pretty dang awsome!! Was it on ebay? I think there are a few of them on there now, I was tempted to bid this week. I just got a good deal too, on the Whitman Old Gypsy Fortune cards (c.1940) $12 for a set in great shape. Lately I haven't been able to find a set for under $40, and see them for much more. It's always such a good feeling to get a great deal!!!!

Stark Raven

I thinkest thou should feel pretty dang awsome!! Was it on ebay? I think there are a few of them on there now, I was tempted to bid this week. I just got a good deal too, on the Whitman Old Gypsy Fortune cards (c.1940) $12 for a set in great shape. Lately I haven't been able to find a set for under $40, and see them for much more. It's always such a good feeling to get a great deal!!!!

Yes, another awesome eBay score, lol! Thanks for the pat on the back. I got a couple of those Whitman Gypsy Fortune decks, they are great. I got one, then I wanted the instructions; the instructions I found came with a deck, lol!

rwcarter

Thank you! I got the regular box, is there a significant difference between the two that you know of? Or perhaps a link where I can read about it that you know of?

Nah, the cards are the same. They're just in a nice burgundy slipcase with the High Priestess on the front instead of a regular box.

Stark Raven

Nah, the cards are the same. They're just in a nice burgundy slipcase with the High Priestess on the front instead of a regular box.

Thanks for the clarification. Appreciated. I have seen it more often in a different box, but I don't remember it being a slipcase, but that's very likely just me.

Bhavana

Yes, another awesome eBay score, lol! Thanks for the pat on the back. I got a couple of those Whitman Gypsy Fortune decks, they are great. I got one, then I wanted the instructions; the instructions I found came with a deck, lol!

mine comes with everything - box is a little beat, though. It looks like fun, can't wait to get it. Enjoy your new old RW! I am going to find that deck at a yardsale some time this summer.

Abrac

I planned to bid one one at one point. I sat and watched the time wind down and was all set to snipe, and when I entered my bid I found out I wasn't logged in! I was sooo mad. It sold for $11 and my bid was well over that.

Anyway, congrats. It's a good collectible to have. :)

Stark Raven

I planned to bid one one at one point. I sat and watched the time wind down and was all set to snipe, and when I entered my bid I found out I wasn't logged in! I was sooo mad. It sold for $11 and my bid was well over that.

Anyway, congrats. It's a good collectible to have. :)

Ouch! That would hurt.

This item has been on my wish list since I had first read about it, I am so thrilled. Thanks for the congrats!