Saddened by my lack of focus

Pao

is saddened a word?? ahh well I have been sad and frustrated lately. I cant seem to read correctly and I have 0 insight on anything. I don't know how to let go of the books and just trust that what Im seeing is what IM seeing. if the 4 of pentacles is a girl hugging a bear and not wanting to lose it, then its a girl hugging a darn bear! WHY must i run to the book and say well no im wrong. I remember only one time that i felt so sure and knew that what i was seeing was right and then i got a call confirming it. I WAS THRILLED! of course that hasnt happened lately. I've decided to take 1 month to recharge my batteries bc i dont know what else to do. I cant see anything only images that say nothing to me. I think its soo important for me to trust myself and let go of the book but for some reason i cant seem to do that and i dont know how to start. This journey will be a long one. I hope i feel better soon and more confident. :/

kisou

Ah, have confidence ^___^

Maybe if you really feel you need a break, take it! But I'd also say maybe do some creative things you've never tried before to sort of open up your mind to new insights. For example, sketching things or doing small projects. You don't have to be artistic or to show it to anyone if you don't like, but just keeping that side of your brain working will make it easier later on. I've gotten mental road-blocks before, just give it time and you'll be fine :)

The crowned one

I think most people move ahead a bit too fast and skip the strong foundation of understanding the cards in their enthusiasm to divine. They do not spend enough time with the individual cards really getting to know them. I write essays on each card I meditate on in my journal, and then review those cards to see where things have changed on a pretty constant bases.

I liken it to the difference between a musician who took the time to learn to read and compose music compared to the musician who just has people (teachers)teach him songs, both can make pretty sounds and play songs but one has a true understanding of what he is playing and the structure behind it, the other gets lost when it is time to play with a band as he has reached the limit of his surface knowledge.

Then again you could just be in a rut ;) Maybe concentrate less and enjoy them more? Just open up to them and write down what comes. Good luck.. I am starting to run on here..:)

MysticalMoose

Aww Pao! I think everyone has their little episodes of being blocked! :) It will soon pass...I find that when I am stressed about something in my life I get a bit blocked & I find that playing a "storytelling" game just on my own making up silly stories with the cards helps a lot, the funnier & more outrageous the better :D & it soon relaxes my frazzled head! :D

The crowned one

MysticalMoose said:
Aww Pao! I think everyone has their little episodes of being blocked! :) It will soon pass...I find that when I am stressed about something in my life I get a bit blocked & I find that playing a "storytelling" game just on my own making up silly stories with the cards helps a lot, the funnier & more outrageous the better :D & it soon relaxes my frazzled head! :D

I like that! Outrageous is perfect!

PisceanRedhead

Pao said:
if the 4 of pentacles is a girl hugging a bear and not wanting to lose it, then its a girl hugging a darn bear!

I can sympathize with this one. I see my cards and read the images before I consult my books and the images sometimes give me a very strong impression even if it doesn't necessarily jive with what my resources say. I don't disregard that original impression... especially if it resonates loudly enough in my mind. Perhaps it's like I'm looking at the cards with rose colored glasses, I'm not sure... but it has given me much to ponder on and I've found myself enjoying my visits with my deck more than if I just relied on the books alone.

Or I could just be goofy... I'm not sure. ;)

Keep the faith... you'll be fine!

Pao

thanx guys. I feel very drained so i know i need a lil break so to speak. I did get the 21 ways to read a tarot card I hope it helps in getting to know the cards inside and out better. I need to learn to trust myself bc i cant seem to , lord knows why. I will take everyone's suggestion and try it ALL. I am a good artist and writer so maybe i could try that, as well as the story telling and getting to know each card better. and eventually i hope to never use the books. I admire those who can just look at a card in 1 sec and know instantly what they are saying. ahhhh how to do that!!!

HearthCricket

I think everyone has been at this point, at least once, in their taroting days. You have the choice to do a variety of things.

1. Stop reading for a while. (personally, I don't recommend this!) Read less.

2. Don't read with a book, so find a deck that doesn't have a book with it and hide the LWB.

3. Switch and use an oracle with the meanings written right on them (Madame Endora, Victorian Flower Oracle, etc.) and let the rest of your imagination go. Do not...I repeat...Do not use a book!!

4. Find a deck, possibly a new one, and just allow yourself a 1 card daily pick, join the daily pick group and just see what comes!

5. Stop forcing the cards. Don't have any expectations. Don't wish them to solve a question or even make sense. Just let them tell you their story and then wait. Wait a week. Wait two weeks. See if anything comes into play. If they do, voila! The reading is working again. If they don't choose from choices 1-4. :D

6. Have fun. If it isn't fun, then it isn't worth it. Make sure the fun factor is there!

Pao

thank you Heart. I actually been dying for madame endora's deck. Ill try everything you suggested and def not force it bc thats what ive been doing honestly and it hurts my brain plus i get nothing.

my thing is HOW do I let go of the book?? how!?? some cards i have 0 idea what they are saying to me so i run to the book, i duno what to do if i dont have it. but i wana let go of them honestly, im starting to hate the darn books!

ana luisa

You can also go all out and start "reading the world". In my creativity block phases, I go around and give my plants names, voices and personalities; try to look at the sky and read the clouds, just let any message, ANY , really come to me. If cards are blocking you , look at other "hidden" oracles. Look at stones, at the way leaves fall on the streets. Look at billboards for anwers to problems , or do what Fudugazi suggested (excellent idea), turn on the radio and listen to the lyrics for the answer to your specific question. Diversify. It may help you break this fear of being intuitive. Good luck and don´t give up!!