Scents that CHILL, Scents that THRILL

Milfoil

Bergamot is an absolute favourite to enliven and enthuse. Geranium too.

Patchouli is a lovely warming, comforting, all time favourite but it has to be 'right'. Some essential oil of Patchouli I have purchased has been quite yucky. Goodness only knows what it smelled like - I dread to think.

Lemonbalm and Rose are also amongst my favourites but I rarely if ever wear any kind of perfume. It's nice to be able to choose to smell something if you want to and like it but being in a car or on a plane with someone doused in Christian Dior's Poison or some other similar, very heavy perfume is pure torture. (Why, oh why do they put all those perfumes out to test in the Duty Free just before you board a plane???)

Some of the people who attend the Hopsice are highly sensitive to odour and so less is more where they are concerned and even air fresheners in the car or strongly perfumed washing powder is avoided for their comfort.

greatdane

I so agree, Milfoil

When one is in a closed space, it is important to remember that others may not only not like a fragrance, but be allergic to it. For about five years, I got migraines and scent was one of my triggers. It wasn't that I didn't just not LIKE a scent, I would get really ill. At the university, often we were in close quarters with coworkers and if one person decided MORE was better, the rest of us paid for it. I even had to go to higher ups because I would literally have to leave work and one can only do this so often.

Generally, I find the more natural scent, the less likely it is to cause me to get a headache unless it's really piled on.

I must check out bergamot and geranium, thanks for those, Milfoil! I do enjoy scent, just in moderation and as natural as possible.

caridwen

Burning turf:thumbsup:

Sandalwood; fig; paper; sea air; black pepper; peppermint; pink grapefruit; cedarwood; rose; lime; verbena...

I use natural Savon de Marseille and love the smell of the soap on my skin even though it smells pretty grim.

I also use Chanel 19 it's my favourite perfume and I love it though I'm looking to find another signature scent. I've used Chanel for many years now. Ideally I'd like to have my own made up:D

greatdane

Lovely Caridwen!

A friend gave me a gift of having my own perfume made from an actual perfumerie! It was great! I got to name it and everything. But didn't really become my signature scent. That was Paloma Picasso for many years. Now I don't wear scent most days and with some peeps having a problem with, I will just add a bit if I'm not going to be in really enclosed spaces.

Would love to find a great sandalwood oil and incense.

tarotbear

My favorite scent is "One Man Show" {would you have expected anything less?} by Jacques Bogart. I was introduced to it accidentally and it became my signature scent many years ago. Women (I'm a gay man) would come up to me and tell me how great I smelled! Unfortunatley, Bogart stopped making it about 15 years ago, and the only place I can find it is on eBay or online. Yes, I know a bottled scent will dissapate or undergo a chemical change over time, but as long as I can get a bottle of it ~ I'll keep buying it! :)

I loved Caswell-Massey's Lemon Verbena aftershave (supposedly used by George Washington) but it really did BURN my skin!

caridwen

My favorite scent is "One Man Show" {would you have expected anything less?} by Jacques Bogart. I was introduced to it accidentally and it became my signature scent many years ago. Women (I'm a gay man) would come up to me and tell me how great I smelled! Unfortunatley, Bogart stopped making it about 15 years ago, and the only place I can find it is on eBay or online. Yes, I know a bottled scent will dissapate or undergo a chemical change over time, but as long as I can get a bottle of it ~ I'll keep buying it! :)

I loved Caswell-Massey's Lemon Verbena aftershave (supposedly used by George Washington) but it really did BURN my skin!

I know this is moving off topic but it's about scent right:D

Tarotbear check out this place for your scent: http://shop.lessenteurs.com/

Also check out the scents they have at Liberty: http://www.liberty.co.uk/fcp/categorylist/dept/beauty_fragrance?resetFilters=true

They have some intriguing scents.:D

I wonder if anyone has tried Blood Concept I'm sure Vampire lovers will love this :
http://www.bloodconcept.com/EN/fragrances.php

I've always been intrigued by Comme des Garcons perfumes which are concept scents:
https://shop.doverstreetmarket.com/index.php?cPath=1

greatdane

LOL Caridwen!

I have sampled a few and the one I liked was Black Pearl as after it "settles" I thought it still smelled nice. Some were a bit strong and/or strange, but then in all fairness, only tried a handful. Like you said tho, the descriptions are SO fun!

Disa

A friend gave me a gift of having my own perfume made from an actual perfumerie! It was great! I got to name it and everything. But didn't really become my signature scent. That was Paloma Picasso for many years. Now I don't wear scent most days and with some peeps having a problem with, I will just add a bit if I'm not going to be in really enclosed spaces.

Would love to find a great sandalwood oil and incense.

- but as for "perfume" type scents, I only wear one - Egyptian Musk Oil. Clean, fresh, very distinctive - but as of yet, I am the only white girl I know that wears it.

At the Ren Fest we came across the booth of a woman who makes incense and oils. We bought a few diff ones and I feel like they are the best I've ever had. Then once I ran out, I ordered LOTS more off her website and they arrived very quickly and came with a free gift :)

I have East Indian Patchouli, Fankincense and Myrrh, and also Egyptian Musk oils(and I'm a white girl too :) ) which, to me are outstanding. The stick incense are a little bit longer than the "HEM" brand I normally get and seem to be better- at least to me.

For some reason I can't get on the website today to check to see if they have Sandalwood, but I'll bet they do. it's www.woodwillow.com and they are called wood, willow, and whatnots.

Anyway, just thought I'd share. Obviously everyone has a diff idea of what a great scent is, so I'd just try one or two and see what you think- then you can order tons like I did :)