Science Fiction tarot

katrananda

I'm seeking suggestions for a science fiction tarot, relying on images from tv series and movies(bearing in mind I will scream if one more person suggests anything from 'Dune').
I have most of the major arcana and many of the court cards sorted, but I know the pips are going to be more difficult.
So far, I have the 'charmed ones' for 3 of Cups, and a family portrait from 'Escape from the Planet of the Apes' for 10 of Cups.
Help, help! I'd like to use 'Star Trek' from all series and movies, Star Wars 1-6, X Files, movies like 'Day The Earth Stood Still' and 'Forbidden Planet'. But I've run out of inspiration fast.
Any suggestions gratefully considered, and if you have url's to the image concerned, I'd be even more grateful.
Hare Om,
Kat

Sidhe-Ra

Couple of very quick trek ideas, as I'm in a rush...Enterprise as the Chariot, T'Pau as the High Priestess, Surak as the heirophant, Admiral Kirk as the Emperor...will come back to this later :)

Blessings,

Em x

femalegamer

Don't forget Battlestar Galactica (either), Stargate (movie and series), 4400, Quantum Leap, Doctor Who, V, Alien Nation, Alien Mine, Firefly and Serenity... or do you want card ideas? It sounded like you're still looking for source material.

DraagonStorm

How about the robot (can't remember his name, something like Gort) from The Day the EarthStood Still, as Justice.

The scene where the Flying Saucer is crashing into the Washington Monument, in Earth vs. The Flying Saucers for the Tower.

Of couse Luke from the first Star Wars Movie for The Fool.

Some of the best scenes can come from some of the old made for drive-in sci-fi.

I know you said you had the major and courts pretty much done, but I just had to put my two cents worth in. I'll try to think of some of minors from the old stuff. I'm a bit brain dead today

BB
DraagonStorm

Crowqueen

Have you tried looking at the BBC production of Gormenghast? That is a more "fantasy" sci-fi but the way the Beeb made it I'm surprised they haven't done a tarot deck to go with it. Mervyn Peake's original illustrations are great but I'm thinking that the BBC pictures would be a better model for your deck.

Also Doctor Who, Hitch-hiker's Guide to the Galaxy and Red Dwarf - do some research on these British shows (HHGttG was made into a film last year even though the original BBC radio/TV series can never IMHO be topped and the film was rather a let down). Marvin the Paranoid Android would be great for one of the Fives, possibly Cups or Pentacles. Any one of the four crew members from Red Dwarf would have made great Fools. If I had to pick one though I'd go for Lister, the last human being alive, although he and Kris Kochanski would have been good as the Lovers ...or the Two of Cups, come to think of it.

Links: (official/BBC sites)
Red Dwarf
Doctor Who (only ever watched it for Christopher Ecclestone and he gave it up after one series :()
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Gormenghast

katrananda

As I said originally, I already have most of the Major Arcana cards sorted out, but thanks for Admiral Kirk as the Emperor.
I'm very familiar with Dr Who, Hitchhiker's, Star Trek, Star Wars etc, so I'm not so much looking for source material, as specific PIPS cards suggestions.

Let's take this one section at a time, so attention is wandering over 78 cards.

From the Major Arcana, I'd like suggestions for:
Hanged Man
Judgement
The Sun

From the court cards, I'd like suggestions for:
Queen Pentacles
Prince/Knight Pentacles
Princess/Page Pentacles
Prince/Knight Cups
Queen Wands
Princess/Page Swords

Let's see how we go with that, before we move onto the remaining pips, but thankyou for suggestions made so far. Some of them have tallied with what I already have, and some have given interesting alternatives.

Kat

HudsonGray

LOL great minds think alike, I've been pulling from some movies and sf tv shows for part of mine that's in progress. I would like to use Alien and Men in Black in the cards, but I'm down to the last 8 to figure out and they wouldn't fit in with what's left.

I'd pick Mars Attacks for the Tower, if I didn't already have mine figured out. Others I considered were the Serenity ship for 10 of Cups, Mulder/Skully for 2 of Cups, Ripley (in Alien 2, that weight lifting robo outfit) for Queen of Swords, DS9 for the Wheel of F. (so much happened there to every species that lived on it), the Fifth Element for the Lovers, the Replicants from Bladerunner for 8 of Swords and Edward Scissorshands for 3 of Swords. I didn't use any of these in mine, but did consider them.

katrananda

I have Xena as my Queen of Swords(naturally) but I'd like to use Ripley somewhere. I just haven't worked out where yet. Still struggling with the cards I mentioned in the previous post. lol!
Kat

fall_guy

How about Luke hanging from Cloud City (in The Empire Strikes Back) for the hanged man?

SarahLikesPink

I love the idea of this deck! :) I don't know if I'm going a bit 'old school' here, but it would be fun to include some triffids. Maybe use them instead of swords or wands? Then the kings and queens etc could be in various stages of overcoming them. :) Mind you, I don't know if having them in battle with their wands or swords defeats the point of the symbolism? I'm too much of a novice to tell. But yeah, triffids! :)