Secrets of the Lenormand Study Group - Q&A

Golden Moon

Priestess said:
Hi Sylvie

I am getting divorced and have to move into temporary accommodation. I would like to ask how I would go about doing a reading on timing.
The question I would like to ask is....

How long will I be in temporary accommodation before they give me something permanant? Or...

When will I move from temporary to permanant accommodation?

I am a bit confused as to what I should look for. Would I use the house as the key card.....would I still lay cards to the left....or only to the right of the key? What other surrounding cards should I look out for?

Any help would be greatly appreciated from yourself or someone else that knows and can point me in the right direction!

Thank you for your wonderful book cards and threads here on the forum too. I love them! Thank you for your time too.

Cards from 1 - 12 and could mean the months and/or year.also, they could mean weeks.

Just look at the number on top of the cards and that could give you an idea of a matter of days, weeks, months, years.

Golden Moon

When you do a reading, also look at the last card to your right for a date confermation. if one last card to your right does not make any sence, look at the second card before the last card to your right.

Cristal

Sylvie Steinbach said:
Although I love that particular deck, I do not advise any beginner to start with this one to learn the basics (the cards are too 'busy'). There are other artworks more suitable to understand how to interprete the 36 pictures. The author of the mystic took also the liberty to add extra cards in her more recent release which is a departure from the small Lenormand rules...

What you are asking about are actually astrological symbols (European version). If you aren't familiar with astrology, you may find it difficult to understand the association between the card and the symbol chosen. My book covers most of them because the author and I came up with the same deductions however she has added the astrological houses which I have stayed away from.

So I would suggest that you only focus on the Lenormand symbols, understand them well and ignore those added astro-codes which at the end aren't not necessary for you to know in order to perform fabulous readings...

Blessings
Sylvie Steinbach

Thank you so much for your rapid reply!

I feel v connected to this deck - as my original 'basis' is in astrology and that plays into these readings. It has 54 cards - is that the deck you're thinking of (I only ask as you mentioned '36')? They are large cards, with the image of a regular playing card in the upper left hand corner.

I do love reading these cards but am distracted a little by the letters (they don't look like astrological symbols to me but I'm no expert!!).

I will read your book with great interest.

Again, many thanks,
Cristal

Sylvie Steinbach

Sorry Cristal....

Are you talking about the Grand Lenormand which are extra large cards with the Greek mythology? This deck has its own meanings and is very difficult to apply in readings. I haven't find it that potent but if it works for you, do continue your journey with it. I think Marina gave you all that you need on another post.

Sylvie Steinbach

Grand Lenormand

The letters are being used to create words as answers to questions. There is a specific procedure to do that using the entire deck (kind a like a oui-ja board). The dots are Geomancy. The flowers can be applied to BACH. The astrological/astronomical configuration includes malefic stars and other oddities that also add layers to the foretelling. Mlle Lenormand created this deck as a swan song to the Grand Etteilla which was a very large deck itself full of esoteric meanings.

Sylvie Steinbach

Priestress

Please post your question on the new thread 'sylvie steinbach's Lenormand oracle' which is for that purpose. This one is too long and people don't read the between pages anymore which is a shame as the answers are usually there...

Priestess

Golden Moon said:
Cards from 1 - 12 and could mean the months and/or year.also, they could mean weeks.

Just look at the number on top of the cards and that could give you an idea of a matter of days, weeks, months, years.

Thank you so much GM you have been really helpful the past couple of days, I really appreciate it. x

Priestess

Sylvie
I can't find anything under the name you suggested can you put a link up here and I'll get it later.

I've searched oracle study etc lenormand and can only find the old threads. Thank you for your time Sylvie.

FOUND IT Sylvie thanks!

Cristal

Sylvie Steinbach said:
The letters are being used to create words as answers to questions. There is a specific procedure to do that using the entire deck (kind a like a oui-ja board). The dots are Geomancy. The flowers can be applied to BACH. The astrological/astronomical configuration includes malefic stars and other oddities that also add layers to the foretelling. Mlle Lenormand created this deck as a swan song to the Grand Etteilla which was a very large deck itself full of esoteric meanings.
\

Since this isn't a question but a BIG thank you, I'll post it here. I'm so very grateful for your invaluable help and advice!!! Many, many thanks!!

Best,
Cristal

robertreech

ASS Lenormand cards

I have just joined. This question is for Sylvie. A friend in Germany is mailing me the ASS Lenormand cards this week. Can your book "Secrets of the Lenormand Oracle" be used with ASS type Lenormand cards?
If not, please advise as to where to obtain a deck that is proper for your book.
Thanks.