see how YOU scry!

celticnoodle

How did I miss this thread up to now?! I've never tried this but have begun to try and see things meaningfully in cloud formations, rather than just seeing things for fun. Usually though, when i'm out I don't remember to think about it.

I have a glass ball on the mantelpiece, which I grew up with. I remember when I was little, wishing and wishing it was a real crystal ball, but my gran told me it had been the weight to weigh down a lobster pot. Except that we lived by the sea, I have no idea why we had it in the house! It has a stand which my gran made, out of papier maché I think.

WOW! You should try to scry with that! It not only has an interesting quality to it, (by being used to help cook your family's dinner, but what HISTORY THERE!! I love things like that. You are so lucky to have it!

It doesn't need to be a crystal to scry with. I think something like what you have there is even better then a crystal ball. It should have incredible energy in it. :)

In your picture in the first post, I saw a tree. No animals :) just this very sturdy tree with branches reaching mostly up to the sky, not much foliage though. Structure without product... pretty much where my plans are at the moment, clear ideas and nothing to show for it. :laugh:

I do find it very difficult to do this kind of thing when the room is messy. Do other people find this? It's as if the muddle dishonours the attempt.

I'll be back to comment on the tree--need to re-look at the ball. Meanwhile, take a look at the new thread, here:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=227888

okay....I didn't see a tree, but this time I saw a 'being' with a very long diamond shaped face looking right at me! :eek: :laugh: However, I was thinking about the tree you saw...I wonder if perhaps the tree is symbolic for you to actually USE that glass ball that the family used to cook lobsters with then! :laugh: the tree is symbolic of family--the strong trunk is just saying to you to rely on your family. So, why not the family glass weight for cooking lobsters?! Perhaps a bit of a stretch....but......

I think I'm trying to get you talked into trying to read that glass ball weight. :D You should take a pic of it too and let us use it in one of our future readings here.

is it working??? :)

MandMaud

WOW! You should try to scry with that! It not only has an interesting quality to it, (by being used to help cook your family's dinner, but what HISTORY THERE!! I love things like that. You are so lucky to have it!
LOL, it wasn't for cooking! It was for catching lobsters! They use baskets with a hole in the top, this kind of shape: they drop them to the sea floor with a buoy marking the spot, and go back later to pull them up full of live lobsters that can't climb out. The glass ball would have weighted it down, but I doubt they use glass for it nowadays.

We never went fishing for lobsters! In fact we never ate lobster, or crayfish or anything. That was a delight I discovered after I grew up.

So whether the ball was a souvenir from a seaside holiday before I was born, or bought for some other reason, I have no idea. We lived in a seaside resort, Brighton in fact, which is a bit more than just a seaside resort. My gran was a craftswoman and it was among her roomful of "things" which of course was a treasure trove when I was little.

It doesn't need to be a crystal to scry with. I think something like what you have there is even better then a crystal ball. It should have incredible energy in it. :)
Now that I'm aware of such things, yes I think it has. Mind you, at the moment it's covered in dust and a bit hidden. When I say "on the mantelpiece" I mean "almost out of reach behind lots of furniture that got moved when they rewired the house a few weeks ago..." :eek:

Thanks, off to have a look now. :)

okay....I didn't see a tree, but this time I saw a 'being' with a very long diamond shaped face looking right at me! :eek: :laugh: However, I was thinking about the tree you saw...I wonder if perhaps the tree is symbolic for you to actually USE that glass ball that the family used to cook lobsters with then! :laugh: the tree is symbolic of family--the strong trunk is just saying to you to rely on your family. So, why not the family glass weight for cooking lobsters?! Perhaps a bit of a stretch....but......

I think I'm trying to get you talked into trying to read that glass ball weight. :D You should take a pic of it too and let us use it in one of our future readings here.

is it working??? :)
Yes! I'll have a go with it and also I'll get a photo to show you all. Probably not this side of Christmas though as I have rather too much on my plate (quite apart from moving furniture!), and finding my camera isn't on the list!!

What did you think of your long-faced being? Scary?

celticnoodle

LOL, it wasn't for cooking! It was for catching lobsters! They use baskets with a hole in the top, this kind of shape: they drop them to the sea floor with a buoy marking the spot, and go back later to pull them up full of live lobsters that can't climb out. The glass ball would have weighted it down, but I doubt they use glass for it nowadays.

:laugh: OOPS! my mistake. We use the same sort of contraption for crabbing.

So whether the ball was a souvenir from a seaside holiday before I was born, or bought for some other reason, I have no idea. We lived in a seaside resort, Brighton in fact, which is a bit more than just a seaside resort. My gran was a craftswoman and it was among her roomful of "things" which of course was a treasure trove when I was little.

okay, so now I am confused....there IS a glass ball too, eh? for weighting down that basket? Your grans room sounds like a delightful place for exploring. I had a great uncle like that. he collected EVERYTHING! You couldn't even sit down easily in his home for all the junk he kept and it was a great place to explore! I LOVED his home, though the rest of my family would always go to his sisters (my great aunts house) two doors down. :laugh: Uncle Andy would let me explore to my hearts content, and I found many treasures there as a child.

Now that I'm aware of such things, yes I think it has. Mind you, at the moment it's covered in dust and a bit hidden. When I say "on the mantelpiece" I mean "almost out of reach behind lots of furniture that got moved when they rewired the house a few weeks ago..." :eek:

Thanks, off to have a look now. :)
:laugh: I get it. I have one room upstairs that is completely filled with boxes of stuff, pictures that were taken off the wall when we had the carpet stretched--(last Aug!) and books on the floor from the 2 bookcases we recently moved to the new home. I don't really have the time or the energy to go through all of this stuff right now until AFTER the holidays. So, I just....close the door......

Yes! I'll have a go with it and also I'll get a photo to show you all. Probably not this side of Christmas though as I have rather too much on my plate (quite apart from moving furniture!), and finding my camera isn't on the list!!

What did you think of your long-faced being? Scary?
I SO get it! (read above...) :p

MandMaud

:laugh: I get it. I have one room upstairs that is completely filled with boxes of stuff, pictures that were taken off the wall when we had the carpet stretched--(last Aug!) and books on the floor from the 2 bookcases we recently moved to the new home. I don't really have the time or the energy to go through all of this stuff right now until AFTER the holidays. So, I just....close the door......

That makes me feel so much better! You'd be right at home here! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: