Self-publishing help

sphinxfalcon

I'm the creator of the Celtic Roses Tarot, and as yet I've been unable to find a printer or publisher, so I've decided to self-publish the first edition myself.

My question to anyone, really, or rather, my enquiry, is--

What would you recommend doing to print the cards themselves?

I'm trying to keep at as low-cost as possible so I can start selling them at a relatively cheap(er) price, but at the same time I don't chintzy cards that don;t line up and look like they were printed on an antique bubblejet printer.

So, any recommendations on materials, processes, companies, or even just troubleshooter tips would be VERY helpful.

Thanks in advance to all that volunteer their help!

~Jenn "Lady Sphinxfalcon"~

thorhammer

The recent Whispering Tarot (I think?) was self-published and the artist engaged some company that publishes playing cards. The deck is small; but that's really my only complaint with it. The stock is sturdy but bendy, the lamination is lovely and soft and the box is made to last.

Perhaps someone on right now who's not at work and has theirs handy could help with the name of the company? :)

\m/ Kat

Strange2

thorhammer said:
The recent Whispering Tarot (I think?) was self-published and the artist engaged some company that publishes playing cards. The deck is small; but that's really my only complaint with it. The stock is sturdy but bendy, the lamination is lovely and soft and the box is made to last.

Perhaps someone on right now who's not at work and has theirs handy could help with the name of the company? :)

\m/ Kat

The Whispering Tarot deck was printed by Playing Cards R Us, Inc.:

www.customizedplayingcards.com

Sidhe-Ra

Hmmm....VERY helpful....

I was considering self-publishing the Sidhe. My one reservation was that I don't have anywhere to store the decks. Well, that might change later this year...

Hmmm...

truelighth

Ohhh... I would love to get a copy of the Sidhe, so please do Em.

Also looking forward to the Celtic Roses Tarot, so I hope you can manage to print your deck, sphinxfalcon. Please keep us posted!

thorhammer

Strange2 said:
The Whispering Tarot deck was printed by Playing Cards R Us, Inc.:

www.customizedplayingcards.com
Thankyou :)

I really think they did a good job; as I said, it's just a bit small. But sometimes small is good :) They're very good quality.

\m/ Kat

Dean

thorhammer said:
Thankyou :)

I really think they did a good job; as I said, it's just a bit small. But sometimes small is good :) They're very good quality.

\m/ Kat

Hi there

What sort of size would the cards be, i was going to send an email about having some decks printed by them.

Guiding Cauldron

thanks for the info x