Self Reading

Ace

I found years ago that laying out a spread for myself lead me to cards that just described the situation as I knew it, but didn't give me any answers. Another person told me the same thing, and I told her what I had realized: you need to just stop using the cards and sit down and think about the problem and find the solution in yourself. What I told her: stop and sit back and say "OK, head, tell me what I need to know."

Sometimes, however, you really need a reading. I would suggest finding someone to do it for you if possible. If NOT possible, then use the Little White Book (LWB) that came with the deck. That way, you can't "fudge" the meaning to mean what you WANT it to mean. It will ALWAYS mean what the artist or writer of the LWB SAYS it means. Usually, that will work.

My Gddaughter suggested something else I find true: If you read tarot professionally (as I do) find another oracle for your PERSONAL oracle. I read I Ching for myself. Having a different oracle gives you a new viewpoint.

barb

khatsar

Like others here, I don't believe there are any hard and fast answers to your questions. Some readers do not feel comfortable reading for themselves at all for various reasons, while others do it all the time (with varying results). My own interest in self-readings waxes and wanes depending on what is going on in my life. My most rewarding readings for myself are those for which I am truly ready to be receptive to the information I am about to be shown. I try to look for advice rather than predictions. Sometimes I draw cards just to chat with my guides, too.

My most common personal question to the cards is just-- "How am I doing?" or "What do I need to know about X situation?" For me it's a way of staying aware of what energies are moving through my life (or what energies I'm projecting) and ensuring that I'm not straying from my desired path.

I hope this is helpful!