Selina Fenech's Oracle Cards

OakDragon

That's wonderful! Thanks for the report, dolphinprincess!

dolphinprincess

I posted (late) last night how much I loved this deck... but as I was quite tired, I didn't really go into why...

Upon further review this morning, I thought I'd add a few comments.

Aside from the beauty of the artwork and the quality of the cards...

This deck reminds of the Doreen Virtue decks... very pretty pictures and uplifting advice. However, Doreen's decks are put together from artwork of many different people. She chooses the pictures and then associates her own meanings with the picture.

Selina's deck is made by her - completely by her. All of the paintings are done by the same artist, so the deck is a little more cohesive. The style doesn't change. Also, she knows what she felt while painting the pictures, so the sayings are likely more associated with the feeling that went into the picture.

In any case, I still like my Virtue decks quite a bit!.. Just thought I'd mention what makes the Selina deck different :D

lunakasha

dolphinprincess said:
Selina's deck is made by her - completely by her. All of the paintings are done by the same artist, so the deck is a little more cohesive. The style doesn't change. Also, she knows what she felt while painting the pictures, so the sayings are likely more associated with the feeling that went into the picture.

Thanks DP!!! :D

These cards sound like must-haves to me!!!
I do like the Virtue decks for the artwork and uplifting messages...

I think it is wonderful that, in this case, the artist and writer are one and the same person....I am very curious now to hear more!!!
And of course it won't be long before I end up ordering them...})

Did you order both sets or just one???

Thanks!!!
:) Luna

dolphinprincess

Hi Luna :D

LOL - I ordered only the oracle set.... but all morning I've been thinking about getting the other one too. }) })

If they are the same size, I think the two would likely work well as a combined deck. (however, I think Selina's site may be down right now bc I went to check out the other deck and I couldn't get in..)

Just to give you a little more info, the set came in a pretty blue organza drawstring bag.. with some little stars tossed into the bottom of the bag for added 'sparkle'... The bag has a paper hangtag made by Selina. This is one of those sets that just feels a little more special bc you know what went into making it.

Let me know if you wind up ordering them!!!!

BellaD

dolphingirl said:
Wow these are really cool! Does anyone know if there going to be released int he stores?

I have them in my store, they are beautiful. The card stock is not super heavy but the pictures are gorgeous!!!

Tanjamuse

Does anyone have a copy for sale?