Seven of Swords and Strength as a Career

cattarot

I did a CC for a friend about what would happen with her life in terms of her career. I asked the cards to provide her with an answer about the field/occupation she'd take up as the outcome. I got the seven of swords. I pulled a clarifier and got Strength. I do not read with reversals. My deck is Rider-Waite-Smith.

My first instinct was investigative reporter. However, I could, in some instances, see this combination as meaning don't give up on what you are doing now--despite hardships, you will persevere if you are courageous, clever, and self-possessed enough. This, also, could be an interpretation that makes sense for this person and her concern.

I would not be surprised if either of these takes were correct, but pondering over this combination got me thinking about other possible meanings. How would you interpret this combination in a career outcome involving a person's chosen profession?

willowfox

***How about the army?

CreativeFire

Interesting combination - first thoughts are something involving strategy, planning - with the swords (mind / thoughts) and along the lines of dealing with some difficulties but also having the courage (Strength) to put difficult plans into action that may involve some confidentiality (another possible way of looking at the 'deceit' aspect of the 7 of Swords)
So could be anything from a role in strategic business planning in a commercial or government environment - but could also see how it could also relate to a role in the Army, as willow fox mentioned - maybe covert operations in a tactical environment :)

Cheers
Nic

willowfox

That is interesting, what about these two cards leads you to that suggestion?

***The 7 swords suggests guerrilla warfare and Strength suggests combat readiness.

cattarot

Interesting, both of you. Thanks, Willowfox, for your explanation. That does make sense.

Creativefire, I like your alternative take on the seven of swords. Confidentiality does require tact and careful maneuvering, for sure. I wonder about social or institutional policy-making? Someone who handles overhauling business, government, or even university policies and procedures. Possibly testing things as they exist so as to find flaws or weaknesses in process.

morerain

Bounty Hunter

A school district administrator or civil official, politician or accountant that reappropriates or misappropriates funds (i.e. - taking money from one account and putting it in another, fixing the books. You have to have the strength of conviction that this is a good choice that works in public interest, although technically, it's ethically it's wrong.

Being in an environment that is not known for its ethical standards and practices. You'd have to aware of that tendency and be strong enough to handle it. For example, you might be in a position to work with lawyers that 'spy' on their adversaries - pick up the dirt on them. Although you might not approve of this activity, in some way you're implicated if you are involved with these kinds of associations. Again, it would be a test of your strength and moral fortitude.

ramin

Dental hygienist or other fields of dentistry. I also thought about someone working in forensic lab

cattarot

Bounty Hunter

A school district administrator or civil official, politician or accountant that reappropriates or misappropriates funds (i.e. - taking money from one account and putting it in another, fixing the books. You have to have the strength of conviction that this is a good choice that works in public interest, although technically, it's ethically it's wrong.

Being in an environment that is not known for its ethical standards and practices. You'd have to aware of that tendency and be strong enough to handle it. For example, you might be in a position to work with lawyers that 'spy' on their adversaries - pick up the dirt on them. Although you might not approve of this activity, in some way you're implicated if you are involved with these kinds of associations. Again, it would be a test of your strength and moral fortitude.

Very interesting. What a complicated career combination this seems to be!

cattarot

Dental hygienist or other fields of dentistry. I also thought about someone working in forensic lab

I can understand the forensic lab career, but why dental hygienist or dentist?