Sexism and the cards

SunChariot

I think that a lot of the more 'male' cards do represent things like structure, control, logical thinking, building blocks, tradition etc just as a lot of the more female cards represent things like reflection, pause, emotional response, sensuality etc but I don't think that any of those qualities are necessarily good or bad.. It depends on the context; some relationships may need a bit more control, more boundaries and logic in them just as some relationships need more sensuality, reflection and emotional responses..

These things just are, they're not really negative or positive. On the other hand I can see that there are people who see The Emperor in every reading as a control freak or a domineering father figure to the detrement of other things - I think that's just bad reading based on the readers own personal experience. I know that I've argued with people here a few times trying to point out that cards like The Emperor and The Hierophant's energies are not always overbearing or negative.. Sometimes they're just what's needed but if a tarot reader insists on seeing certain cards negatively that's their problem really and it will just make their readings not that good and quite squewed.

I think all the cards (Majors and Minors) have a complete range of meanings from positive through to negative and that readers will be far better readers if they try to remember that.

I thought this was beautifully put.I totally agree.

Babs