Sexual Prudes

SirRushing

What major and minor arcana suggest a person who thinks that sex is icky, yucky, nasty, disgusting, or shameful? And only should be used for procreation purposes. LOL

rwcarter

Hierophant is the first card that comes to mind.

Thirteen

Ditto on the Hierophant. He's about traditions, including ones like no sex before marriage and marriage for purposes of pro-creation. Which is why he sometimes signal marriage when he turns up.

PedroEmperor

Hierophant, for sure.

Also, the Hermit, in the right positions, does mean there's no sex and may refer to a closed mind in that matter, from my point of view.

Still, the Hierophant is the first and more obvious one for that.

Le Fanu

The King of Cups for me can be duty, and duty can often lead to repression (reversed?), and in the context you specify, maybe it is sexual repression?

Aeon418

It all depends on the deck you are using. So far nearly everyone has indicated the Hierophant, but that assumes all Hierophants promote and represent sex-negative traditions. Something like the RWS Hierophant fits the bill to a tee if you're after seuxual prudery. I can easily see him, just like the current pope, rambling on about the the virtues of chastity and abstinence to ever dwindling congregations.

But what about the Thoth Hierophant? })
"Also, take your fill and will of love as ye will, when, where and with whom ye will!"

214red

HP she might think about it, but with all those clothes she is wrapped into, she doesnt do it

SirRushing

Nothing from minor arcanas?

214red

4 of pentacles, 5 of pentacles (all talk)

Grigori

Aeon418 said:
It all depends on the deck you are using. So far nearly everyone has indicated the Hierophant, but that assumes all Hierophants promote and represent sex-negative traditions. Something like the RWS Hierophant fits the bill to a tee if you're after seuxual prudery. I can easily see him, just like the current pope, rambling on about the the virtues of chastity and abstinence to ever dwindling congregations.

But what about the Thoth Hierophant? })
"Also, take your fill and will of love as ye will, when, where and with whom ye will!"

Of course if you're using the Thoth deck, its rather a lot harder to find a card that would describe any kind of sex would be "icky" ;) Unless you asked "How does this person feel about sex?" and the response was something like the 7 of Cups.