Shoes and Tarot Cards

jackdaw*

nisaba said:
What on earth are flip-flops?????
Thongs, you call them Down Under. Up here, thongs are something else :D

Like my present Tarot collection, I have a few utilitarian pairs of shoes, but I long for many more, whenever sexy, bright or impractical shoes catch my eye.

AJ

Nope, no correlation between shoes and card ownership here. I don't buy anything I don't need, with the exception of decks ;)

I own 2 pair of barn boots and 4 pair of shoes and 4 pair of flipflop slippers which is all I wear in the house.

Le Fanu

ahhh.. that explains it. There must be a connection. I stopped buying shoes when I got past 50-something pairs...

Started buying tarot decks instead....

I had no idea there was an official connection :)

swimming in tarot

Hm, Moonbow. For every quid/buck spent, an item should be worn. Ever notice that seems to be inversely proportionate? I, for one, buy cheap clothes and wear them til they fall to bits. But cards, they last lots longer!

Hunter, if I would throw out footwear that's full of holes or otherwise not useful, the growing deck collection would more closely resemble the shrinking shoe collection. Work boots, gumboots, grip-the-snow-and-ice boots; snug, flexible rock-climbing/hiking boots; two pairs of Croc rip-offs, but they're foot-friendly and good in the house; two pairs suede slipper-like outdoor shoes that can go from climbing to civilized...that makes eight useful pairs for different purposes. At the moment, I have seven decks either in hand or on order. And I think of them as useful for different purposes, too, depending on one's mood for reading or study.

Nisaba, right you are. One can only hang up so many paintings. But cards! Worthwhile for the artwork alone.

Metafizzypop

Shoes and tarot. This is a very original idea.

Well, for me there's no comparison. I have A LOT more shoes than tarot decks. I only own about a dozen decks. When it comes to shoes, I've lost count. I don't have room in the closet for them any more. The shoes are overflowing all over the place. I love shoes, and I also love tarot cards. But I don't buy decks to go with the clothing that I own. Shoes have to match outfits. As far as I know, tarot cards don't.

thorhammer

hunter said:
Is your shoe collection similar to your tarot collection?
Not even a little bit.

My favourite shoes are a toss-up between my thongs (flip-flops to the uninitiated) and my steel-cap work boots. I have about six pairs of shoes all up.

I have about eighty decks.

\m/ Kat

autumnsdaughter

Well, let's see. For shoes, I have my pair of cowgirl boots, which I wear most of the time in the winter. I have my clogs, which I wear in the winter when the cowgirl boots are too casual. I have my sandals for the summer. I have mukluks for very snowy weather, shearling slippers for cold nights, and a couple of pairs of fancy pumps, which I barely use at all. All of my shoes are very well made, sturdy. I prize construction over mere prettiness, although all of my shoes are rather handsome. Just not terribly showy or girly.

Now, my decks on the other hand- well, I've got a lot more of them than I do of shoes, and they range from serious working decks to frivolous pieces of fluff, and I love them all. I am not very monogamous with my decks... I get bored and move on too fast.

Cerulean

Tarot decks that live in shoe boxes...more boxes than shoes...

I've more shoe boxes than shoes, older plastic boxes that store the decks and stack...I do have more slippers and boots than real shoes!

Cerulean

karenquilter

I'm with nisaba: I wear jeans & T-shirts & am not really into clothes, including shoes. But tarot decks are another story. Between the two of us, we have 70+ decks. I'd far rather spend money on tarot decks than shoes.
K

superfrogsavestokyo

I own three pairs of shoes: one is payless tennis shoes that I've worn out so much that now they double for slippers, one is a converse shoe that is really inadequate for walking on ice or snow, and another is a pair of flip-flops that should be thrown away because about 30% of it is missing (and the thong thingy on both feet have disappeared). I'm soooo getting a decent pair of boots this week.

Meanwhile I own about eight tarot decks that I use every once in a while. Clothing wise I have four pairs of jeans with two being wearable out in public and nice assortment of tops. (That could be moot because I wear a hoody winter, spring, summer, or fall!)

In my case, I don't think there is a correlation. Except for the fact that I have a small room nearly covered with books. I had to promise myself not to buy any more books until I give the ones I have new homes. :) I don't really think that buying a lot of tarot decks are bad. (Unless you're buying decks instead of buying the groceries or paying rent, of course.) I like to buy illustration books because they inspire me whenever I get discouraged with my drawing practice. (That's how I found out about Evan's lunatic tarot.) The tarot is like an illustration book of a spiritual journey, with most starting at $20 or less. That's a deal! ;)