Should I get this Deck?

Dusk Till Dawn

I really need your Opinion about this one:
I have the Opportunity to get The New Hurley Tarot for 25 Euro's...The only thing is, there are some cards marked with a Ballpoint pen ( Dots)
Please let me know what you think, do you think I should wait this out for the next opportunity?
Or should I grab'em?

Ange

Will the pen marks annoy you, or spoil the deck when you actually see it?

Will you wish you had waited when you see a perfect deck for sale?

I'd wait if I were you....
Ang x

Alta

It would bother me and I would probably wind up not using the deck. Consider yourself and your past view on items used to the extent they were marked. Did it bother you? If not, get the deck, otherwise suggest saving the money and buying a pristine deck (and most used decks are pristine).

firefrost

I think it depends on a few things.

What is it's OOP price? is 25 Euros a big enough saving for the defects?

Have you seen all the defects? Could you happily live with them?

When is another opportunity going to present itself? How badly do you want the deck?

Really, you need the advice of a tarot collector. People are often guided towards Janette at the Tarot Garden, she's always very helpful in these matters.

Rob

If you had to post on the forum because you were unsure, it will probably stay on your mind and continue bother you if you had the deck. I'd say pass on this one, personally. Just my opinion though!

Dusk Till Dawn

Thank you! I think I'll get the Langustl instead.

truelighth

If there is writing or dots on the deck, I wouldn't get it for that price. Especially since you can get the New Hurley Tarot brand new in the French version (called Tarot Psycho). I actually have the French deck myself and not the original Hurley. But it doesn't matter much, since there are no titles on the cards and the images are the same. Just the name and the LBW are different.

All Is One

Seeker*13* said:
Thank you! I think I'll get the Langustl instead.

I think you made the right choice. Strategeus and everyone who posted called that one pretty well. I had a terribly offset (the colored ink was outside of the lines) RWS deck that I gave up on and started using to make notes on. If someone tried to sell that deck, all marked up, I'd laugh. It's now bookmarks.

thorhammer

I've been the dubious beneficiary of two marked decks - one University Books RWS that is horrid and I hate, especially with the marks, and the other is - and this makes me so wild - an Oswald Wirth whose previous owner MARKED THE PIPS so they knew which were reversed.

Ugh. Some people are just crazy.

\m/ Kat

GreenMoonBeam

mere thought of a 'blemish' on a deck would drive me nuttier than I am :bugeyed: Your call was sound.

GMB!